Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain is a Muslim

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I said so, therefore it must be true. Nevermind all of the ridiculous things that Falwell and Roberston have said that McCain hasn't had to make an enormous speech denouncing. Or the lunatic Mormons that surround Romney. We must go after Obama's preacher because of 30 second youtube clips.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  2. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I would agree, to a point.

the major difference is this wasnt just any Pastor that said these things, it was his own Pastor, and a man who he has said was a major personal influence on his life. Falwell and Robertson didnt marry McCain and his wife, didnt baptize his daughters and didnt Pastor the church he sat in for 20 years.
    If my Pastor said these things and reprinted articles from members of Hamas, I would
    A) Know about it
    B) Have a big problem with it
    C) Wouldnt stay there for 20 years

and im not even running for President.

Can you see how its different?
  3. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Not really. You know I'm not religious at all, but from what I understand Pastors say things like this. In the black community Pastors are community leaders, more so than just someone you go listen to on Sunday morning. If you want to be a black politician in Chicago, you befriend the local pastor. Not to mention that everything he said has been taken wildly out of context, and Obama has said he disagreed strongly with the comments that caused the stir. I don't know what more anyone wants from him. We aren't electing Reverand Wright, we're electing Barack Obama. A CHRISTIAN politician. (not that it should matter)
  4. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I will not be voting for Obama, but this "he's a Muslim" stuff drives me up a wall. Wow an email in my inbox with "FW:" in the subject line!!! IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!!! Worse are the people with a public forum that regurgitate it (to be fair, when I've heard it brought up on talk radio, the hosts have laughed at the suggestion and told the person saying it to do their research). Obama certainly has connections to Islam, but this whole thing is just debasing to our political system and the people who perpetuate this idiotic rumor. Ugh, it pisses me off.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I could have written this post.
    Agree 100%
  6. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Agreed, well said. It also annoys me when people on the left go after Romney for being a Mormon (which is actually true) instead of his policies. Everyone has family here or there that they may or may not have anything to do with. To hold Obama, a Christian, accountable for the fact that he has muslim relatives is not only completely idiotic, but it's corrosive to the political dialogue.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Good thing no posters here do that. That would be beyond stupid...it would border on mentally retarded. Not only that, it is un-American. Even if the guy was a "turn-to-mecca-and -pray-in-the-airport" type of Muslim, it still doesn't matter...(The fact that this guy is religious at all is a strike against him from my POV) But if someone actually thinks that the religion of someone he knows is an issue at all, I would have to seriously question whether that person should be allowed outside without a hockey helmet and a one-on-one aid.

Good thing no poster here would do that.:snob:
  8. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

No even worse, he is a RINO!
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +374 / 4 / -2

Count me as a nonsubscriber to the "Hussein" bit. It's just petty. The pastor stuff is a legitimate issue though. Anyone who denies that is simply rooting for their boy. You can't be as involved with that church and that man as he's been, and simply overlook it.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

20 years this Obama Prince has attended the Wright Pastors church and he can't remember what the Pastor talked about.
    This guy wants to be President of the United States :singing:

Mccain Obama Hillary, stay home, no matter who makes it they will be a disaster, you might even wish "Bush was back" :rocker:

I wouldn't want to be an Airline Pilot or a Flight Attendant for the next five years.

:bricks:
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Most people are religious, so don't hold that against Obama.:cool:

I completely deny your groundless premise. Everything matters to some degree, that's true, but the words of a candidate's pastor matter no more to me than does the type of toothpaste he uses. I'm willing to overlook his insane devotion to his religion. I overlook the same thing in most of my friends and family. Think about it...What's more dangerous or crazy, preaching the crap about America being bad when it comes to the treatment of blacks and other countries or a Catholic priest saying that you can't get to heaven unless you're a Catholic, or the entire hierarchy of the Catholic church condoning child rape and protecting the perps who raped children. People continued to go to church knowing what was going on. They continued to donate to the Bishop's Fund which contributed to the legal defense of perverted child-raping priests. My own mother went to church during that time. I told her not to, but I still think she's one of the greatest women on the planet.

....I'm sorry....what was the question?
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +374 / 4 / -2

You're mom isn't running for president.

You're trying to mix apples and hand grenades here Wistah. Look, I understand, you like Obama. He's your boy. I like him too. He seems like a decent guy. I like the Huckster too. Only, I'd never vote for him. The pastor bit will do damage come the nationals. I think it's going to be a legitimate issue. The Hussein bit is beyond stupid though.