Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain endorses Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Not exactly an endorsement, but he's apparently starting to see the wisdom of Obama's call for a 16-month withdrawal. I think Obama is teaching the old dog new tricks.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/story?id=3105455&page=1

Remember when "timetable" was a dirty word for Republicans?

In a Friday interview, John McCain, R-Ariz., called 16 months "a pretty good timetable" for withdrawal from Iraq.

During a Friday interview with CNN, McCain called a 16-month withdrawal from Iraq "a pretty good timetable."

Barack Obama, of course, has long favored a 16-month timetable for withdrawal.
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +288 / 5 / -8

Ehhh, it's no problem. foreign policy isn't really McCain's forte...

YIKES but he had Americans convinced it was!

Well, it's early yet. There's still swift-boating to be done etc. McCain has barely even touched most of the usual fear buttons the Republicans rely on. Okay he tried "the guy doesn't understand foreign policy," and the RePubicans have attempted to whine about the details of troop visits, but that's about it.

Much more smear tactics to come, no doubt.

PFnV
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

The only difference between Mccain & Obama is Mccain doesn't think he's Jesus Christ, God, Allah, Mohammad and Denzel Washington all wrapped up into one, I wouldn't vote for either one of the a$s holes.

America is headed for some big time bad times.
  4. schmessy

schmessy Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Nice headline. You could work for the AP.
  5. schmessy

schmessy Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Obama just think's he's the devine prophet. Once the honeymoon is over (of course it will never be over for the media) people are going to be in for a surprise. He may deliver a speech written for him with passion and inflection that excites the masses (hey isn't that how some leader in Germany got the job?) but, he is not a thinker. Since we have survived 2 terms of a low intellect at the helm I believe we'll survive Barack too. But I'm not seeing any real change coming. Other than some feel good programs he's most assuredly going to focus on.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

And he's the Forum Moderator too. Should be the Class Clown.
  7. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The positions of the two candidates are fairly well documented. Obama wants to bring the troops home as quickly as possible regardless of what the conditions are on the ground and thus ensuring no chance of victory. McCain's plan is based more on the landscape of the situation to ensure we don't loose the gains we have made militarily and politically in Iraq. It's ultimately up to the voters now to decide.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Yes, Obama wants to bring the troops home as soon as possible but what is not being mentioned is that the Bastard Barack wants to send them right back out to die all over again this time in Darfur, the same people that are screaming about Iraq will be cheering support for the "Barack War" every phony anti war pig in Hollywood will be joining the army, the "Pro War" movies will coming out one after another.

I wonder if the Racist Charlie Rangle will be calling for "Bring Back The Draft"

With Mccain/Obama there is nothing left to do but Pray For Our Country.
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Sometimes I think he's on the NYT's payroll.

Anyways ... with the ramping up of the tribal areas in Pakistan I doubt many of our troops will be home anytime soon. They will be attacking Afghanistan for a good long while which will keep us there for a good long while.
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

While it's true he's a greater orator who knows how to deliver a stump speech, on what basis are you saying that he's not a thinker? He's awfully intelligent. And how could he not be considering that he was editor of The Harvard Law Review and a professor of constitutional law? You know, I think your opinion of him would change if you read Audacity of Hope. Dreams of My Father is also supposed to be quite good, and that was written in the mid-90s, but I haven't read it.
  11. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Now that the plan McCain backed from the beginning has led to greater stability yes, Obama's vision for getting out in 16 months seems more reasonable. Wouldn't have been if there had been no policy change, don't forget that minor detail! Big difference between leaving a country ready to face challenges on its own and cutting and running no matter what the conditions on the ground. BIG difference.
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +114 / 7 / -10

I would guess it is the stuttering and ummmmmsss and aahhhhsss when he is asked a question where he has to think on his feet. Take him off the TelePrompTer and he sounds like a 14 yr old being asked to explain quantum mechanics.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

They don't care, we all know the real reason why they slobber over him but we are forbidden to say it.

GOOD LUCK AMERICA
  14. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +899 / 17 / -24

No Jersey Selected

16 months is way too soon. We're going to end up with another Vietnam on our hands. Two years should be the minimum.