Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain Economic Policy Shaped by Bank Lobbyist

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, May 28, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Typical........................

[​IMG]

Hy Keith, where is your story about your bosses doing business with Bin Laden and Iran.

What a dick!
  3. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think you are missing the point....then pointing the wrong finger, my man.

when Bin Laden is on the NBC board of directors making policy decisions, we can start talking.
  5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

McCain was only included in the "Keating Five" because they needed a single Republican to throw in with the Democratic criminals, the lead Democrat investigator of that case, has repeatedly said that McCain's inclusion in the "Keating Five" was more political than any evidence of wrong doing on McCain's part.

Robert Bennett, who would later represent President Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones case, was the special counsel for the committee. In his opening remarks, he slammed DeConcini but went lightly on McCain, the lone Republican ensnared with four Democrats.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/specials/mccain/articles/0301mccainbio-chapter7.html

"In the case of Senator McCain, there is very substantial evidence that he thought he had an understanding with Senator DeConcini's office that certain matters would not be gone into at the meeting with (bank board) Chairman (Ed) Gray," Bennett said.

"Moreover, there is substantial evidence that, as a result of Senator McCain's refusal to do certain things, he had a fallout with Mr. Keating."

Among the Keating Five, McCain took the most direct contributions from Keating. But the investigation found that he was the least culpable, along with Glenn. McCain attended the meetings but did nothing afterward to stop Lincoln's death spiral.
  6. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

How can anyone vote for McCain? He does not represent the people, he represents special interests...

You think he's the Soldier loving Maverick Leader that will do anything to support the troops? He couldn't even be bothered to show up and vote ( HIS JOB ) on a bill that will support the troops, instead he campaigned... Obama, and Clinton made it there to vote... but McCain? Nope...

Let's vote McCain in there, and perhaps we can just sign over all personal property to the government and the Banking industry... perhaps life as a serf isn't so bad... Vote McCain!
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No offense, wes, but based on your track record lately with the thinkprogress lies, I'll believe it when I see it from someplace other than that blog and Olbermann.

But I see nothing wrong with Phil Gramm. I've met him, chatted with him (and his lovely wife) and he spent about half an hour with me. Having him (and Steve Forbes, who I've also spent some time with) as economic advisors is about the only reason I haven't completely abandoned the idea of voting for the man.
  8. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Are you serious?

Let's localize this for you...

Dubai International wants to build an Oil Refinery in your town, and it will occupy your house, meaning you will have to move... Dubai will only pay 100k per lot.

Then you go find someone name J Smith to represent you to find the best deal / stop the sale...

At the same time J Smith is working for you, he is being paid by Dubai in order to push decisions that will benifit Dubai the most...

And that's ok?

The fact that this is a PRIME example of bought and paid for legislation, and you are actually OK WITH THAT? Since when does making laws and policy based on who pays for it a GOOD thing for America?

It's time for laws, law makers, and our government to represent America, by representing the Middle Class, the BASE of our country...
  9. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And who's buying and paying for legislation now?

Explain to me why it is we're using food for fuel (corn based ethanol, which costs more than a gallon of fuel per gallon of ethanol). Explain to me why it is that the various governments (local state and federal) make more money per gallon of gas than the people who find the oil, extract it, refine it and sell it. Explain why if cigarettes are so evil, they aren't simply scheduled drugs...and why it is that the various governments grow rich from tobacco taxes. Explain to me why, in 2008, we're paying $4/gallon for gasoline and heating oil instead of powering up with cheap abundant fuel from geothermal, nuclear, wind or solar.

Go ahead. Then get back to me complaining about Phil Gramm. Or is he the only guy you have a problem with?
  10. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ahh so you want to play the "Well they're doing it so should I" game, while the entire time all of it is bad for America...

If I said bad things about your statement and then ended with "Now if McCain does it like Malborro, then he's cool" then you can try and label me as a hypocrit, until then, you can answer for yourself, and your statements, without simply trying to deflect your answer on me for calling you out as one of the major problems in America...

Lobbyists, and people who are ok with the Rich making laws to suit them at the expense of the majority of this country, is the worst facet of this country.
  11. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Ah, maybe because they don't agree with the democrat party on any issues?
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Olberman----:singing:

I'd put more stock in what Fidel Castro says than Olberman
  13. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So vote third Party and start building a case for someone who does represent what you believe in...

The term "Throwing away your vote" is the most insane idea I've ever heard of... When you vote for what you really believe in, you start to make change, and every avalanche starts with a single snow flake.
  14. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

I am voting for Bob Barr, but I would have to hold my nose and vote for McCain if it was just a choice between he and the democrat duo.
  15. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I really want to write in Ron Paul, however I liek Bob Barr alot too, and I would love a real third party to rise up and start to wrestle some power from the 2 parties...

I honestly think the GOP is in it's waning throws as a viable political party, like the whigs, and so many others before it, every party eventually coprupts, and fades away, and the GOP is on it's death bed. It's base is gone...
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Got a specific proposal there sport? there hasn't been a refinery built in the US for 30+ years. Or is this a Bomann wet dream?

Gramm is very good on economic issues as evidenced by his time in the Senate. I can't see myself voting for McPain, but Gramm and Forbes are 2 reason I would even consider voting for him.
  17. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's called an Analogy...

Let's try this one on for size...

It would be like electing Eric Mangini to the head of the invesitgation into Spygate. His loyalties are already set with the people who pay them, how do you feel his judgement and policy will be fair to the people in new england?

Gramm is on the books for UBS to push legislation to favor UBS rather than the people who are losing their houses right now, he has worked to take down many reforms that would assist homeowners right now... Why? Becuase he is not working for the PEOPLE, he is working for UBS, who is also the bank who has been hit the biggest by the MORTGAGE MELT down...

And everyone is ok, with our leadership representing big business rather than american people... Foir god sakes, this isn't even an American Bank...
  18. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Dude--you've been playing down here for a day--take it easy on the "calling you out as one of the major problems in America" stuff, huh?

And I did answer your question, or I thought I did, anyway. So Phil Gramm has done work as a lobbyist for some bank. Forgive me if I fail to take Olbermann's word for anything.

Anyway, back to the lobbying thing...did you know Tom Daschle's wife was a lobbyist for the airline industry, while he was in the Senate leadership, and oddly enough, favorable legislation was brought up and passed. Now how did it happen?

And my original questions still stand, btw.
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Wait...you want to write in Ron Paul...a Republican, who says he's not going to go off the rez and become a third (or fifth) party candidate, but the GOP is on it's death bed and is corrupt?

Yet no mention of corruption in the Democrat party...where they don't even want to count everyone's vote.

Something smells.
  20. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Oh no doubt both parties are corrupt... Basically both parties are in "Whatever it takes to take and maintain power" mode... They care nothing of the people of the country, only about their own power, and re-electability.