Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain dissing Billy Graham

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by otis p. driftwood, Jun 9, 2008.

1. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm not a McCain fan, nor do I care for Billy Graham. But he's about as non partisan as you can get...and he wanted to meet McCain. Be really funny if Obama went to visit him.

From newsmax, btw.

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Thank God he did decline! The once popular "Christian-right" has now become a very dangerous group to be associated with. The Republican party was more or less taken hostage by the slick Christian-rightists. Now that they have been able to break away, they want nothing to do with them.

I'm sure it was the Republican party that advised McCain to decline the invitation. Remember, America is not a Christian country even though over 80% of us are Christian. We don't ever want to approach the marriage of church & state and that applies to any church.

3. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Dude, Graham is far far more than a "slick christian-rightist". When he dedicated his library, Carter, Clinton and HW Bush were there.

The other thing is that the party wouldn't advise McCain to do anything like that. The Christian right is already threatening to stay home and not vote.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,143 / 5 / -10

Mccain is all over TV this morning wearing a baseball hat pulled down over his ears, he looks like he just escaped from a nut house, Mccain Sucks & Obama Sucks all the America people can do for the next four years is just sit back and let "sh!t happen" and pray to God the f-cking Muslims don't blow up the Super Bowl, NYC and Boston all in the same day.

After four years of swaggering, Jiving, strutting Barack Hussein Obama & Miss Michelle you won't see another democrat in the White House for a hundred years.

:bricks:

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Your comment is blatantly racist.

Why would Barak Obama "swagger, Jive or strut" any more than any other president?

Your cowardly response is being awaited.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Good!! I hope they stay home for the next century.

Let's remind ourselves that no politician should align himself with any religious organization.

7. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's against the rules here to call someone a racist.

8. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And why is this? The Constitution protects freedom OF religion--not freedom from religion.

When they take the ten commandments down from courthouses and congress, and when they fire the Congressional chaplin, maybe you'll have a beef. Until then, why not simply shut up with your anti-religious bigotry?

BTW--I've seen you rail against the so called Christian right, but you've done nothing but defend Obama and his spiritual advisors of hate.

9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I think your comment is misdirected. If someone makes a blatant racist comment, are we supposed to say nothing?

I did not call him a racist. I said his comment was racist...and it was.

You "should" be getting on the other person, not me. You can not deny that comment was racist.

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I am a very spiritual person, but I keep it to myself. Religion and spirituality is only relevant to an individual. I can't stand preaching and any effort to increase membership in any religious organization. I believe it's hypocritical to recruit under the guise of "saving" someone...just my opinion

I don't like religion involved in politics PERIOD.

I have not defended Obama in any regards to religion. Otherwise, quote me.

11. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And how was his comment racist? I'm beginning to understand why you have so much trouble on the main board.

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I dont have any trouble on the main board my friend.

If you don't think inferring that Obama would "strut, jive and swagger" if were in office, you have your head buried in the sand.

Don't you think?

Now YOU explain how it was not racist.

13. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I really don't care whether you like religion involved in politics "PERIOD" or not. The fact of the matter is that this country is a religious country. Mostly Christian, some not. The founding documents are based on belief in a Supreme Being, a Creator, and that continues to this day.

As for the rest of it--I'll admit, I don't believe you've said anything directly related to Obama, I mistyped. I meant to say you've only attacked the "right" and said nothing about any other religion.

14. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Every thread you're involved in on the main board turns into you having goofy arguments, usually with several people at once. And I'm not your friend.

And it's not racist. It's Harry. Harry is Harry. If you bothered to actually read any posts before you just started attacking people, you might realize that.

BTW--have you seen any of the videos of Obama's church?

15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Look a paul. We can I've debated separation of church & state a thousand times on various political boards. I've answered the typical "show me where in the constitution it says "separation of church & state" until my fingers tire.

The bottom line is that this country was built on immigration and religious choice. Now if the natural evolution of our people were to change from Christianity to another religion, so be it. There's nothing anyone can do about it. I'm not in support of keeping this country Christian even though I'm Christian. That's what choice is all about.

So, if you're in favor of keeping the bible in courthouses, then you'd also sopport having the koran or some other religious book in there if that reflects our population 100 years from now...right buddy?

See, my philosophy is true separation of church & state. Most religious countries have a lot more trouble than ours, so I'd like to keep it that way.

God forbid we ever allow religious doctrine to infiltrate our laws like some Muslim countries.

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

What does "It's Harry. Harry is Harry mean"? You can't say "well, that's just the way he is" if the way he is causes him to make racists comments. I guarantee you if an announcer made the same statement "Harry is Harry" made, he'd be fired on the spot.

DON'T YOU AGREE?

Yes, I have seen clips from Obama's church. but I don't base my political opinions from someones religious beliefs. Why, are you afraid?

Do you always make broad statements of exaggeration a paul? "Every thread you're involved in...."

I'd bet you're the kind of guy who would start going through my posts to find out, huh? I'd say you're basing that statement off one recent thread.

17. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So now you've effectively changed your argument from "religion" to "christianity".
    Interesting.

And I'm not your friend, and I'm not your buddy. Just so's you know.

Your philosophy of a true separation of church and state isn't possible, nor is it practical. If 80 some percent of the country is Christian, then you're going to have a very hard time keeping people's faith from impacting them politically.

I'm not a Christian. I'm not a muslim. I don't really give a crap if there's a god or 12 gods or anything else. But I don't get my panties all in a wad over Congress opening each session with a prayer, either.

And I'm sure you've had lots of arguments about church and state. Just because it's how you think it should be doesn't make it right, and it doesn't change what the founding fathers meant.

18. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, I don't agree. And no, I'm not the kind of guy who's going to go look at all your posts. I just know what I've seen in the past week--you've been a dick everywhere, and you've been called on it by more than a couple of people.

In the mean time, before you burst a vital vessel, why don't you just go back and read some of Harry's posts.

Harry being Harry is a lot like Manny being Manny...only Harry doesn't hit home runs...unless he dreams about baseball when he falls down.

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,143 / 5 / -10

Hi kid, just saw your nasty little squealing post, here's my cowardly response.
    Why is it Racist, watch him walk onto a stage, he struts, swaggers and jives, just as Billy Blue Dress Bites His Lip and just as Pant Suit Hillary bobs her head, claps her hands like a seal and grins, they all have their little sh!t moves that they think turns people like you on---WATCH HIM--:rocker:

20. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +582 / 50 / -8

#75 Jersey

Obama has lost all crediblity in the "race game" anyone who can listen to the garbage that is spewed from that pulpit for TWENTY years, has absolutely ZERO credibilty in anything race related.

For those of you that are historically challenged, this country was founded by right wing Christians!!!!! I know that you hate to hear this, but it is true, and as true Christians, none of these men wanted to COMPEL anyone to someone else's religious beliefs. They wanted the government to be seperate from any specific religion, and rightfully so. They wanted to and did bar the establishment of any state sponsored religion.

But to say that government, which at its core, is meant to institute a code of conduct or "civility" amoungst it's governed, has to be free from religion, which at it's core, is meant to institute a moral (or immoral, for some religions) code of conduct of it's followers, is impossible.

The problem here, is that many on the left have replaced standard religion, with the religion of liberalness, it is their new moral code (or as it has been called in court, the "Bill Clinton standard of conduct") which is basically whatever it takes, to run everyones lives, they way that they feel everyone should run their lives.