Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain claims he is healthy but he gets tax-free pension because he is 100% disabled

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, May 4, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-pension22apr22,1,6562984.story

McCain is the number 8 Richest Senators in America , he surely needs that pension.
    Last edited: May 4, 2008
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Re: McCain claims he is healthy but he gets tax-free pension because he is 100% disab

That's it. Now I definitely won't vote for him. :)
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Re: McCain claims he is healthy but he gets tax-free pension because he is 100% disab

100%

There's Iron Workers, Truck Drivers, Jugglers, and Wino's all across America doing the same thing.

I knew a Cambridge Cop years ago that survived three major WWII Pacific Battles had a 100% disabilty (battle fatigue) and he always used to say "I'm nuts and I got the f-cking papers to prove it" one of the funniest guys I ever knew, during the fifties the Cops had the old time "Paddy Wagons" with the open rear door, this guy raised so much hell in the Police Department that they assigned him to permenant
    "Wagon Duty" riding the back, after they picked a drunk up on the way back to the station he used to let the drunk go, when they got back to the station the other cops would ask him where the prisoner was and he would say "I don't know he must of escaped" they all loved him though, could never get away with those things today.

He died two years ago in the VA Hospital Bedford Mass (Alzhiemers)

"What the hell has this got to do with Mccain"
    "I don't know"

:bricks:
  4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So a disabled American veteran shouldn't get a disability pension, is that what you're saying? You want to go out on that limb?
  5. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

John McCain, who owns 8 houses and flies around in his wife's private jet, surely needs that pension. :rolleyes:
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's not means tested, so you really have no point unless you're trying to say a disabled American vet doesn't deserve his pension.
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

How is he disabled? Can he prove it?
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What is it he needs to prove? Obviously the Navy believes he's diabled.

After all, the man can't raise his arms above his shoulder for instance, due to injuries suffered while a POW.

Typical liberal. Cry about supporting the troops by getting them out of Iraq but not willing to give a diabled vet his pension.
  9. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

A multimillionaire ....:rolleyes:
  10. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

This matters as much as Obama's non-existent flag pin.
  11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What's your point wes? Disability payments, like social security, aren't means tested. They should be, but aren't, so give it up.

Or at least change the record.
  12. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

His point is that he's a partisan, and he's trying to play a petty, insignificant game of gotcha.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

No, I'm not against him getting disability at all. I did not say that. But, what I am wondering if there's a double standard when some poor person is on disability because they feel intense pain when doing a fairly ordinary activity. Pain is often difficult to prove. So, here we have McCain who was treated by Soviet physicians in Vietnamese military hospitals, given cigarettes, and coffee while a "POW," saying he's in pain. He's just the kind of guy that I think normally stirs up Republican paranoia.
  14. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I really don't care if McCain is disabled, or not, from his time as a POW. That is not the question here but I am sure that he will push it to the forefront to draw some sympathy.

What I am concerned about as should all Americans is the fact that he has had four instances of melanoma cancer.

In addition he appears to be a very explosive type of person and Americans need to know if he is, or has been, under any type of medication to quell that from occurring.

A person who may be in that situation is certainly not the one that we would want to be the one that has his fingers on the buttons that could destroy the planet.

The American public has the right to know.
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What? The Soviets were in Vietnam?

When did he say he was in "pain"? That would be up to the Naval doctors who made the determination. Disability is related to more than pain after all.
  16. fierce

fierce Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Hey a.paul I think your main argument is correct and the original poster is so obviously being ridiculous but yes the soviets absolutely did treat McCain and yes they were in Vietnam just not on the battle field. Also as much as I loath the man I will not take anything away from his POW stay since he was treated the way he was because of who his dad is. Even in ancient times it was often customary (sp?) to treat a high ranking officer's family a little different.
    Last edited: May 4, 2008
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I was being sarcastic about the Soviet presence in Vietnam.
  18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +235 / 8 / -13

I think all entitlement programs should be means tested, oh wait the dems won't allow it.
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Bingo!

:D
  20. fierce

fierce Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Ha sorry! We just can't seem to get off on the right foot can we?