Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain Campaign Begins Anew

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Oct 4, 2008.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The analysts stated that the McCain campaign would start throwing mud this week as his poll numbers are so down, well, that he can't get up. Here it is, Obama is pals with terrorists. But this is nothing new to some members on this site who have been calling him a Muslim for months. That he doesn't pledge the allegiance, and is a Marxist, etc, etc.

Palin hits Obama for 'terrorist' connection - CNN.com

I am sure we will get some very good mud out of the Carolina's. The Rovian tactics that were used against McCain, are now used by McCain as he has employed Rove's assistants from that Bush primary.
    From this site we will see the righties saying I told you so.

2. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I've heard as much and ROFL, you are all over the place man. FOCUS...

But yeah, I don't think he has a choice. It is going to get ugly, both ways. I'm sure Obama will give as well as he gets.

3. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Well, I am on cough medicine. Here is the latest electoral map. New Hamphire is a toss up, although Obama is about 4 points up in polls there.
    Palin hits Obama for 'terrorist' connection - CNN.com
    All I'm saying is McCain is such a hypocrite. After he and his family are slammed with racist stories, he turns right around and hires these same people to help him.

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

it's about time that the McCain campaign slung the mud back. McCain was doing well and catching up after Palin. Obama came out and said he was mad and he was going to fight back ... and he did and he got his old lead pretty much back except for a point or 2.

So now the McCain campaign fights back ... or as the left has been saying about Palin ... we're just vetting her. Well, Sarah Palin has decided that she will do the vetting that the MSM has refused to do. The vetting that had the MSM done before this contest would be Clinton vs McCain ... as it should have rightfully been.

I have personally wondered why rove wasn't being used at least as an aide to the campaign. If you're not using Rove or Matalin or Carville at least for advice then your campaign is being foolish.

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

the left has already said that hypocrite does not apply ... a good candidate morphs with the campaign and the issues ... Obama's campaign has stated as much so throw hypocrite away ... it's a wash with that word.

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +586 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

It's the obvious thing to do. The country likes Obama better, it doesn't matter how popular McCain tries to be, he won't be more popular than Mr. Smiley. However Obama has baggage in his background, both his former associates and his lack of experience - that's the obvious place to go.

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

And go we shall BF ... I feel energized tonight ... does it show??? :eat1:

8. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

On the good stuff, nice. Hope you get better soon.

Yeah, politics is hell is it not. There is plenty wrong on both sides, no question. It seems that most Dems can't say that though. Might just be my perception though so take that as you may. Understand that many McCain voters are not Pro McCain, they are anti Obama. That may help you understand a little better. Think "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". So when people attack McCain vs Obama, it does not really matter much. Again, it's not that we really want McCain, it's just that we really really don't want Obama.

Food for thought.

9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

I have great cough medicine ... all I want ... all the time. :p

10. PF1996

PF1996 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What's funny - Palin uses the NY Times, which righties claim to be "a noncredible, liberal newsrag", as a basis for her claim yet misrepresents the facts as well as the summary of the story - there's no relationship between Obama and Ayers. So either Palin didn't read the story beyond the headline or she's a blatant liar.

What's sad - the McCain campaign has repeatedly stated in public that their strategy is to lie their way to victory because they have nothing of substance to entice people to vote for McCain. Despite these frequent public proclamations, many in the American public will still vote for this man who has much ambition and absolutely no integrity.

Actually, he had a choice and he chose this path in a blatant and desperate attempt to remove attention from the fact that he has nothing of substance to offer.

Ah, yes, the alternate reality of a righty. Do tell, what mud has been "slung" at McCain? I haven't heard one word about McCain's history of adultery from Obama or Biden. I haven't heard one word about Palin's association with Alaska's separatist party. I haven't heard one world about McCain supposedly calling his wife a "c.nt" in public. I haven't heard Obama or Biden characterise McCain as a "traitor" for his POW confession. I haven't heard any of those subjects mentioned even though, unlike Palin's false and low class comments, those subjects are supported by facts.

Ladies and Gents - another shining example of the "values of the right" - when you can't win on the facts, do not hesitate to slime your way to the top.

You don't have to explain yourself - it's well known that there are many racists who "really really don't want Obama". That's the only reason this race is still close.

11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +586 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

It's not slime, it's trying to get the truth out. The MSM simply ignores it while going after every dimple on Palin. They are so in the tank for Obama it's not even funny anymore.

12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Whatever you say PC ... oh, sorry I mean PF. ;)

13. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Wow, I didn't see that coming and TBH, I should have. Typical. I've been called many things in my life, that has never been one of them.

Truly sad. When in doubt, toss in racism. There can't possibly be any other reason to not want such a great man in office. I'm sorry I offended your "god".

14. PF1996

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So your definition of "truth" is a soundly refuted lie? Well that certainly explains your preference for McCain and all things rightwinger.

Couldn't find examples of that "mud slinging" against McCain, huh? :rofl:

You're almost as funny as your airhead idol Palin.

15. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ahh, Google FTW. I get it now.

CNN’s Cafferty: Not Voting Obama? You’re a Racist! : Stop The ACLU

I should really get out of the house more. I thought I was allowed to have an opinion on who to vote for and who to not vote for. I can now dismiss you and every thing you say.

You sir, are a Moonbat.

16. PF1996

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well it's really all about the company you keep - after all it's doubtful that one klansman will call out another klansman for his racist views. :D

I'm not in doubt at all as to the driving motivation behind your opposition to Obama. You have made it quite clear.....to paraphrase "I don't trust Obama, I can't give you a reason for why I feel this way but I do...". What gives you away isn't just the use of the euphemism for "he's not white", but rather the fact that you have to use a bunch of unfounded rumours to justify your opposition. Someone for whom race wasn't an issue would simply say, "I'm not going to vote for Obama because I disagree with his policy of...."; the fact that you don't exposes your real motivation just as clearly as FBN's more blatant "Obama is too white".

I'm not a righty so I don't worship other human beings. So offend away...:rofl:

17. PF1996

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You can have an opinion and others can have an opinion on that opinion. Sorry Sparkle, the SC hasn't been totally overrun by righties so the Consitution is still enforced.

Ah yes, namecalling - the predictable tactic of the cornered righty. :rofl:

Cheer up Sparky - you can still vote, even if it's for race based reasons. :rocker:

18. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Think as you will, it's simply not true. Keep digging into my post history. My feeling is more of pure evil. Obama is an evil man, not an evil "black" man, plain and simple. Something as trival as skin color would never skew my vote. I don't know why I'm defending myself here, I've done nothing wrong. The simple truth is there is nothing I can say to make you believe what I am telling you is fact. What truly matters is I know the truth. In the end, that's all that really matters.

19. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Wow, you just don't stop. In what way am I cornered. You called me out. I retort and by your definition I'm the bad guy, I'm name calling (truth hurts huh)?

Try and be who you pretend to be. You will be a better person.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 14 / -28

Personally, joe six pack and soccer mom may be sick of the all the negative rhetoric.. we just went through a week of DC hysteria, and they may be tired as well.. as much as they all this stuff to work to their benefit.. it does not make much sense as most of what we are all facing is about the economy.. McCain voted with Bush proposals 90% of the time.. and the deregulation is now the main culprit..

It would make more sense to frame the issues, and show how they could make things better instead of just attack. Do not see Palin as really good for this role, in fact that would be misusing her.. she has as many good qualities as she does bad ones, to be just another attack dog does not fit her well and people will get tired of this act soon.

You betcha.. wink, wink..

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008