Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain advisor: We're not responsible for the 'occassional nut'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Oct 13, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

occassional? :rolleyes:

Top McCain adviser insults supporters: We’re not responsible for the ‘occasional nut.

In recent weeks, Sen. John McCain’s (R-AZ) rallies have become increasingly hostile and divisive. Supporters have called Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) a “traitor,” yelled “off with his head,” and accused him of being a “terrorist.” After Obama criticized the McCain campaign for “riling up a crowd by stoking anger and division,” McCain adviser Nicolle Wallace attacked Obama for “insulting” their supporters:

Barack Obama’s assault on our supporters is insulting and unsurprising. These are the same people Obama called ‘bitter’ and attacked for ‘clinging to guns’ and faith. … Attacking our supporters is a new low for the campaign that’s run more millions of dollars of negative ads than any other in history.​

Over the past couple days, however, the McCain campaign has slowly started to back away from these attacks; it now appears that the only people who can criticize McCain supporters are members of the McCain campaign. Today in the New York Times, McCain’s top adviser Mark Salter directly insults the senator’s supporters:

“I think there have been quite a few reporters recently,” said Mr. McCain’s closest adviser, Mark Salter, “who have sort of implied, or made more than implications, that somehow we’re responsible for the occasional nut who shows up and yells something about Barack Obama.”​
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

The operative question becomes why are they attracting the "Occasional nut"?

Because the "nut" feels accepted in this group??
    Because the nut is not confronted, in fact condoned by silence??
    Because the "nut" knows he can get away with it and it becomes a sound bite on youtube??
    Because the Republican Party is trying rally the extreme fringe??
    Because the comments of the "nut" is really the message that the Republican party is trying to convey??
    Because the extremist from Alaska does this well and this is her strength, energize the "nuts"??
  3. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You mean "nuts" like these?

[​IMG]

There are plenty more I can post. Like many other things, both sides have plenty of guilt. May Ye With Sin Cast The First Stone. Would not be any fun if we all followed that rule though would it. :woot:
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

gosh Sparky, are any of those calling for the beheading of McCain? mmm,... yeah.... your nuts are calling for Obama's head...
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  5. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No, that kind of stuff is over the top and just plane wrong.

I won't spin this.
  6. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ok, maybe a little spin.

The people in the picture I posted...they eat babies. I read about it on the internet so it must be true...

Just to make sure, You know I'm kidding, RIGHT?