PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's HS Coach talks about how Jerod would play any position to win games...even RB

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Great story of this unselfish athlete who seems almost to have a Troy Brown kind of mentality to play any position and take chances on an injury but he will do anything if it means the team has a better chance to win.

Mayo even played Tailback and got 1,300 yards in just 7 games - Thats some kind of versatile talent that is just tailor made for this team,No wonder it was a no-brainer at pick #10.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_mayo29_04-29-08_OO9UO4R_v9.38e5d6a.html

Last edited:
Re: Mayo's HS Coach talks about how Jerod would play any position to win games..even

Great story of this unselfish athlete who seems almost to have a Troy Brown kind of mentality to play any position and take chances on an injury but he will do anything if it means the team has a better chance to win.

Mayo even played Tailback and got 1,300 yards in just 7 games - Thats some kind of versatile talent that is just tailor made for this team,No wonder it was a no-brainer at pick #10.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_mayo29_04-29-08_OO9UO4R_v9.38e5d6a.html
He is truely a special person,he'll fit right in with the Patriots he's their kind of guy. :rocker:

Re: Mayo's HS Coach talks about how Jerod would play any position to win games..even

Sorry Guys for posting this in this thread...But They didn't let me make my own thread cause I only had 15 posts & now u need 50 to make your own thread...Now I got 17...33 more to go (lol).

Hey Guys Look Charger Fans think they pulled 1 out on us:D...

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=55870

WOW....Charger Fans fans are even dumber then Jets fans...I did not know this was possible...:D

gawd, what a gaggle of morons. they definitely have patriot envy. i find it quite idiotic that they even mention the word cheat. steroids are a blight on sports.

Re: Mayo's HS Coach talks about how Jerod would play any position to win games...even

These are two teams that draft well. You have to figure deals between them are win-win, to the best predictions of two war rooms packed with football-savvy professionals, among the best drafting teams in the league.

And in 2-3 years, we'll know.

PFnV

Re: Mayo's HS Coach talks about how Jerod would play any position to win games...even

Oh look a superstar high schooler who went to a top college football program played on both sides of the ball and excelled. News!

Oh look a superstar high schooler who went to a top college football program played on both sides of the ball and excelled. News!

Not only that, but he sucked it up big time by accepting a role as the high school starting running back. What a trooper!

Everything written about Mayo is so good-he's versatlie, he's smart, he's well-spoken, and he's apparently got character too. He's going to be an exciting player to watch develop, and he sounds perfect for the Patriots.
I'm excited about Wheatley too...the Pats had a great draft imo:)

Yeah, I love that pick. Looking forward to youth at ILB for the first time in, um......forever.

We needed more balance, that's for sure. The veterans have been and are invaluable, but it was time to add a little speed into the mix.
I'm so psyched:rocker:

The more I read about Mayo the more I like him.

A great read...I agree the more I hear about him..the more I think the pick was gold...

I really think Crable is going to surprise us too. Maybe not this year, but in the next couple he's going to be a contributor.

I wish I could find the story somewhere, but I heard that (either in HS or college), Crable was the anchor leg of a relay team and ran his 100 yards in some ridiculous time.

Speed and size at OLB is a fabulous combination, so long as he "gets it".

I really think Crable is going to surprise us too. Maybe not this year, but in the next couple he's going to be a contributor.

I wish I could find the story somewhere, but I heard that (either in HS or college), Crable was the anchor leg of a relay team and ran his 100 yards in some ridiculous time.

Speed and size at OLB is a fabulous combination, so long as he "gets it".

It's actually on NFL.com:

Crable lettered three times with the varsity. He recorded 125 tackles, six sacks, 19 stops for losses and two interceptions as a junior. He also lettered four times in basketball, averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds during his junior season. A three-year letterman in track, he ran the 100-meter dash in 10.7 seconds and anchored the 4x100 relay team.

BTW . . . 100 meters is almost 110 yards. :)

Good read. It's great to have some youth in ILB and hopefully he will show us his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes