Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mayo's HS Coach talks about how Jerod would play any position to win games...even RB

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOT64, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Great story of this unselfish athlete who seems almost to have a Troy Brown kind of mentality to play any position and take chances on an injury but he will do anything if it means the team has a better chance to win.

Mayo even played Tailback and got 1,300 yards in just 7 games - Thats some kind of versatile talent that is just tailor made for this team,No wonder it was a no-brainer at pick #10.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_mayo29_04-29-08_OO9UO4R_v9.38e5d6a.html
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Re: Mayo's HS Coach talks about how Jerod would play any position to win games..even

He is truely a special person,he'll fit right in with the Patriots he's their kind of guy. :rocker:
  3. #1PatsFanFromNYC

#1PatsFanFromNYC Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Mayo's HS Coach talks about how Jerod would play any position to win games..even

Hey Guys Look Charger Fans think they pulled 1 out on us:D...

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=55870

WOW....Charger Fans fans are even dumber then Jets fans...I did not know this was possible...:D
  4. #1PatsFanFromNYC

#1PatsFanFromNYC Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry Guys for posting this in this thread...But They didn't let me make my own thread cause I only had 15 posts & now u need 50 to make your own thread...Now I got 17...33 more to go (lol).
  5. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

gawd, what a gaggle of morons. they definitely have patriot envy. i find it quite idiotic that they even mention the word cheat. steroids are a blight on sports.
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Yeah thaat AJ must be a real talker to shnuker BB into giving up a three that he needs. :rolleyes:
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 6 / -8

Re: Mayo's HS Coach talks about how Jerod would play any position to win games...even

These are two teams that draft well. You have to figure deals between them are win-win, to the best predictions of two war rooms packed with football-savvy professionals, among the best drafting teams in the league.

And in 2-3 years, we'll know.

PFnV
  8. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +128 / 20 / -8

#18 Jersey

Re: Mayo's HS Coach talks about how Jerod would play any position to win games...even

Oh look a superstar high schooler who went to a top college football program played on both sides of the ball and excelled. News!
  9. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -1

Not only that, but he sucked it up big time by accepting a role as the high school starting running back. What a trooper!
  10. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Everything written about Mayo is so good-he's versatlie, he's smart, he's well-spoken, and he's apparently got character too. He's going to be an exciting player to watch develop, and he sounds perfect for the Patriots.
    I'm excited about Wheatley too...the Pats had a great draft imo:)
  11. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

We needed more balance, that's for sure. The veterans have been and are invaluable, but it was time to add a little speed into the mix.
    I'm so psyched:rocker:
  12. jared2181

jared2181 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The more I read about Mayo the more I like him.
  13. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

A great read...I agree the more I hear about him..the more I think the pick was gold...
  14. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +270 / 1 / -2

I really think Crable is going to surprise us too. Maybe not this year, but in the next couple he's going to be a contributor.

I wish I could find the story somewhere, but I heard that (either in HS or college), Crable was the anchor leg of a relay team and ran his 100 yards in some ridiculous time.

Speed and size at OLB is a fabulous combination, so long as he "gets it".
  15. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +214 / 4 / -5

It's actually on NFL.com:

BTW . . . 100 meters is almost 110 yards. :)
  16. Jade Fox

Jade Fox Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good read. It's great to have some youth in ILB and hopefully he will show us his best.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.