PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayor Menino reserves Oct. 28, 2008 for Red Sox Victory Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
February 5, 2008 (Boston, MA) Boston Mayor Tom Menino, after being informed that a the Parks and Recreation Dept. had a scheduled meeting set for Oct. 27th, immediately set-aside October 28, 2008 for the Red Sox Duck Boat Victory parade through downtown Boston. "This early decision was to make sure this important meeting would not be interrupted, and I'm hopeful that this early action will in no way curse the team or effect the karma of what I guarantee to be another pennant. I was impressed how Senator Specter was able to somehow have a bigger impact on this past Sunday's Super Bowl than my bold planning moves of last week. Accordingly, I have invited Arlen to Boston prior to the 2008 World Series to have him review and approve all parking permits that have been issued by the City of Boston in the area around Fenway Park since 2004. If that review meets his approval, I have informed him that I would provide a free squash court for his use during Game 1 of the World Series here in the great City of Boston. We thank the Senator from Pennsylvania again for his keen interest in the welfare of sports in Boston and across America. Thank you."

February 5, 2008 (Boston, MA) Boston Mayor Tom Menino, after being informed that a the Parks and Recreation Dept. had a scheduled meeting set for Oct. 27th, immediately set-aside October 28, 2008 for the Red Sox Duck Boat Victory parade through downtown Boston. "This early decision was to make sure this important meeting would not be interrupted, and I'm hopeful that this early action will in no way curse the team or effect the karma of what I guarantee to be another pennant. I was impressed how Senator Specter was able to somehow have a bigger impact on this past Sunday's Super Bowl than my bold planning moves of last week. Accordingly, I have invited Arlen to Boston prior to the 2008 World Series to have him review and approve all parking permits that have been issued by the City of Boston in the area around Fenway Park since 2004. If that review meets his approval, I have informed him that I would provide a free squash court for his use during Game 1 of the World Series here in the great City of Boston. We thank the Senator from Pennsylvania again for his keen interest in the welfare of sports in Boston and across America. Thank you."
I hear Sox ownership have filed for a patent on "162-0". :bricks:

I hear the New York Times has filed for a patent on 161-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes