25. Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia
26. Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
27. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
28. Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
29. Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
30. Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall

31. Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
32. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
Damn, I was hoping Chandler Jones would be on the board at 27, but mayock has him way higher now.

MOD EDIT: Ian has stated many times not to post entire articiles- post a small amount of content and a link. this is not up for debate- it's Ian's site - he makes the rules.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8288a470/article/mike-mayocks-top-100-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings?module=HP11_hot_topics

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/319671-copyrighted-material-please-read.html

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Damn, I was hoping Chandler Jones would be on the board at 27, but mayock has him way higher now.

So what? Teams arent going by what Mayock says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question... if David DeCastro somehow falls to us at #27, we pull the trigger? I don't r eally want an Olineman in the first but hes too good to pass on.

Serious question... if David DeCastro somehow falls to us at #27, we pull the trigger? I don't r eally want an Olineman in the first but hes too good to pass on.

Apparently the new story on him is that he's solid but not flashy enough to be a mid-1st round pick. I'd definitely take him at 27. Especially on the OL on a passing team, I'll take consistency over flashiness any time.

If he's Scar-tested and Scar-approved, probably.

Wow.

Shea McClellan at 14 and Vinny Curry at 30. If Mayock is right the run on DE/OLBs will be over by round 1.

Wow.

Shea McClellan at 14 and Vinny Curry at 30. If Mayock is right the run on DE/OLBs will be over by round 1.

There's a premium on them right now...which is partly why he's ranking these guys so high. There aren't many accomplished rushers in this years draft which means there will be a run on them somewhere...and the best ones in his eyes are going to go higher.

I've had first round grades on McClellin's tape for a long time now. I've been on the bandwagon a while and I wouldn't be amazed if a team that had a lot of interest in him reached up and grabbed a player like him, who you can fit into any scheme rather than force you to have to fit the scheme around.

You need QBs and you need pass rushers in this NFL with its current state....therefore you grab them as quickly as you can. Especially with O Line, Corners and WRs offering up a lot of depth.

Last edited:
If this holds true the Pats could come away with:

27: Dre Kirkpatrick
31: Michael Brockers (29th, in reach and/or slight trade up)
48: Nick Perry
63: Alameda Ta'amu or Ronnel Lewis

I think that would help the Pats defense a bit.

He'll be lucky to hit 20% of these. Teams actual draft boards don't fluctuate nearly as much as the so-called experts. Guys rise and fall in the media, they rarely rise and fall that much on a board unless they really crap the combine/pro days.

These guys are scouted and have tape on them for years before they come out and then Mayock watches a little film and guys are suddenly huge risers or huge fallers. Poe had an incredible combine and all of a sudden all of the mocks have him top 10. Then a few weeks later he's 'falling'. Yeah, falling in mocks. He probably changed very little on a team's board.

This is just his list based on the most talented 100 players. Does not take into account team needs.

There is a lot of this top 100 that I don't agree with. But the thing I can't understand is how anyone can think that Chandler Jones is a better football player than Justin Blackmon.

There is a lot of this top 100 that I don't agree with. But the thing I can't understand is how anyone can think that Chandler Jones is a better football player than Justin Blackmon.

Maybe he see's a lot of Mike Williams in Blackmon?

Personally I think he is wrong on that one.

Blackmon aside Jones is a damn good player. Watched him against UConn, Pitt and WVU and he couldn't be blocked. I'd love to take him at 27 and put him in the elephant role.

I think in part, Mayock is basing his top 100 on where he sees players getting drafted. I doubt very much that in the last week or two he's had a Chandler Jones revelation on watching tape. He's probably heard from his sources that teams have Jones high on their boards and he's factored that in to his thinking.

Having said that, it's all about projection. Blackmon doesn't project as a No ! type receiver, he's more a better Deoin Branch. Jones on the other hand has the length to project very well to the NFL as a DE and maybe more - a pass rushing 3-4 DE are highly sought after (Justin Smith for example) and that's where Jones' upside lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back