PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayock releases new rankings on Top Prospects at each position

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPat'sFan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I read this earlier this morning about him updating his rankings and now they have it on the Pats site.

Mayock's top prospects at each position

Surprised to see Max Unger ahead of Mack and Woods at Center but this guy knows what he is doing.

Have to credit him for independent thinking. Listing Brian Orakpo as an OLB (with Paul Kruger as a DE) has to count as a surprise, plus he doesn't seem nearly as high on Everette Brown as most.

The OT class is also very interesting, there's no consensus at all on rankings of the top 4.

The OT class is also very interesting, there's no consensus at all on rankings of the top 4.

I was just thinking how OT is the deepest Round 1 position and the position that offers the most value early in the draft. Any of those top 4 could be studs in the NFL, I have to wonder if somehow one lasts to 23 if we'd pounce even if its not a need right now.

Have to credit him for independent thinking. Listing Brian Orakpo as an OLB (with Paul Kruger as a DE) has to count as a surprise, plus he doesn't seem nearly as high on Everette Brown as most.

I agree with his love affair with Orakpo. He as another one with Laurinaitis as do I

The OT class is top noch, I hope we get more of a consensus #1 closer to the draft but any of these 5 could go in any order depending on who you are talking to.

He now has Dalmus as his top safety now but I still wish Mays had of come out:mad: This is another position I hope becomes clearer closer to draft with no consensus #1

Last edited:
Yes, of course we pick a top 12 value tackle at 23. The need is there unless you think that Kaczur will be extended.

I was just thinking how OT is the deepest Round 1 position and the position that offers the most value early in the draft. Any of those top 4 could be studs in the NFL, I have to wonder if somehow one lasts to 23 if we'd pounce even if its not a need right now.

Definitely some surprises...no Chase Coffman or Jared Cook, no Jonathan Luigs, no Sen'Derrick Marks, no Clay Matthews, no Clint Sintim...

I like Mayock, he's really the only mediot worth listening to when it comes to player evaluation.

Yes, of course we pick a top 12 value tackle at 23. The need is there unless you think that Kaczur will be extended.

Actually, I do.

Even though there are needs to improve the pass rush and replace Deltha O'Neal, I'd love to see the Pats jump on one of these tackles with the plan of moving Light to RT. In terms of value and long term planning, this appears to me to be the way to go - depending of course on what happens with free agency.

I like Mayock, he knows what he's talking about. He was the few that said that Mayo was a top 10 player.

If I were making decisions, we would be extending Kaczur before the draft. Many here would like to cut him. He started at LT in his rookie year, and has done all that has been asked of him since then.

If Kaczur were to be extended, the need level at OT would go down to the usual 5th and 6th round camp competitors for the Practice Squad, and for other teams' rosters. This an inexpensive way to meet the 2009 need. LeVoir is an adequate backup.

Actually, I do.

I wasn't expecting Jason Smith at the top of his OT rankings, who I think is the best OT in the draft by far. More athletic than the other top guys, the best feet by far, very strong and a fantastic, jarring intial punch. I like Monroe and Oher too, not at all sold on Andre Smith, he looks like a guard playing tackle. Nice rankings by Mayock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes