PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayock Position Rankings

Great list by Mayock. One name on defense I am surprised that is missing is Tuitt. I thought he was a consensious first round pick and top defensive end in most rankings.

Easley's agent is assuring everyone that his knee (two ACLs) is a non-issue. Other than that injury, he was expected in the first.

Great list by Mayock. One name on defense I am surprised that is missing is Tuitt. I thought he was a consensious first round pick and top defensive end in most rankings.

I think he will eventually get around to it...

Easley's agent is assuring everyone that his knee (two ACLs) is a non-issue. Other than that injury, he was expected in the first.

If Donald is off the board at 29 I'd be all for a trade back and getting Easley or Caraun Reid (or possibly Will Sutton). Consider what we could do in this draft with the equivalent of our Minnesota trade from a year ago (29 for 52 + 83 + 104 + 229):

52. Dominique Easley, DT
62. Troy Niklas, TE
83. Weston Richburg, OC
93. Christian Jones, LB
104. Justin Ellis, DT
4b. Antone Exum, DB
5 (trade both 6ths). Richard Rodgers, TE
6 (comp). Dontae Johnson, DB
7a. Trey Bruton, H-back/WR
7b. Larry Webster, DE, Bloomsburg

I would be very happy with something like that.

I'm surprised by that too. Especially when you hear most experts compare him to Seymour.

I'm not surprised Tuitt is missing from his top 5.

I know it's one analyst but I do feel some affirmation with some of these.

Quarterback
1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
2. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
3. Blake Bortles, Central Florida

Bortles IMO has had the biggest boost of any prospect from one big bowl game since Jamarcus Russell. TB is the #1 QB in this draft.

Tight end
1. Eric Ebron, North Carolina
2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
3. Jace Amaro, Texas Tech

ASJ should be higher than Amaro. I think Amaro is an average pro at best.

Center
1. Marcus Martin, USC

FAuuuukkk!. :bricks:

Offensive tackle
1. Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
2. Greg Robinson, Auburn

I know Mayo loves him some Robinson, and for good reason, but I think Matthews is the man.

Defensive tackle
1. Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
2. Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
3. Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
4. Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
5. Dominique Easley, Florida

Interesting with Nix but for those of us debating Jernigan vs Donald they're right there together. I'm not shocked at all that Tuitt is not on the list and Easly is.

Defensive end
1. Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
2. Kony Ealy, Missouri
3. Dee Ford, Auburn
4. Scott Crichton, Oregon State
5. Trent Murphy, Stanford

That really is a weak DE class.

Linebacker
4. Chris Borland, Wisconsin
5. Ryan Shazier, Ohio State

OK I've been harsh on Shazier but LOL @ Mayock.

Safety
1. Calvin Pryor, Louisville
2. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
3. Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State
4. Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
5. Deone Bucannon, Washington State

Pryor at #1 is right and Ward of Bucannon is the way I'm leaning as well. I know Manx would agree and Mayo is a Bucannon guy.

I'm not surprised Tuitt is missing from his top 5.

Do you feel he is a first round pick or would you not even consider him in the first round discussion? I thought he really might be someone that the pats look at because of his versatility and I have seen him mocked pretty high.

The more I looked at Hageman, I really liked him. I am hoping he can make it down to us. It's obvious my first choice(Pryor) is going to be gone when we pick so no need to reach for a safety with our first pick. Let's strengthen our d-line.

Do you feel he is a first round pick or would you not even consider him in the first round discussion? I thought he really might be someone that the pats look at because of his versatility and I have seen him mocked pretty high.

The more I looked at Hageman, I really liked him. I am hoping he can make it down to us. It's obvious my first choice(Pryor) is going to be gone when we pick so no need to reach for a safety with our first pick. Let's strengthen our d-line.

You didn't ask me, but I don't consider Tuitt a 1st round talent. I'd consider him in the late 2nd, though.

People keep saying Tuitt is Seymour, he's not. He's go the potential to be Ty Warren. In today's game Ty Warren just isn't the same value at 2003 when he was drafted. I think Hageman has the potential to be a Seymour type. I would take Hageman at 29 but Tuitt not before 62 and to be honest if there were prospects I like better on the board I'd still be disappointent then. I feel he's a middle of the 3rd value.

People keep saying Tuitt is Seymour, he's not. He's go the potential to be Ty Warren. In today's game Ty Warren just isn't the same value at 2003 when he was drafted. I think Hageman has the potential to be a Seymour type. I would take Hageman at 29 but Tuitt not before 62 and to be honest if there were prospects I like better on the board I'd still be disappointent then. I feel he's a middle of the 3rd value.

I think this is spot on. Tuitt got hyped as the "next Seymour" early on, and some people just keep repeating the hype. Again, I'd take Brent Urban over Tuitt.

Tuitt is down to 306lb. Same weight he was when he got 12 sacks. Some people going to be sorry.

Tuitt is down to 306lb. Same weight he was when he got 12 sacks. Some people going to be sorry.

Not sure if everyone feels like I do, but I think how people view Tuitt is directly related to how they view his injuries.

Pauline's list is different if nothing else.

Amaro 16 and ASJ 66
Urban 27
Tuitt 53
Van Noy 59
Ford 60
Ward 92

Where some of the very interesting ones.

Yes yes, I know you don't like Tuitt.

I was asking a legit question. 6 pounds is nothing for a 300 pounder. If it was an OLB going from 250 to 244 I might think ok maybe that gives him a bit of a jump in his step but for a 300 pounder I would have to hear he weighed 325 and got down to 310 to really think much of it.

I don't hate Tuitt. I just don't think he's a first rounder.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back