PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayock and PrimeTime talk about Revis/Malcolm Butler during Combine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
First Mayock used Revis as his example of what a CB should be in the NFL. They showed clips of his cover skills and credited him for never being out of position. PrimeTime said Revis has great patience and anticipation which is part instinct and part study. He never gets too high or off-balance. One clip that stood out was a double move-come back ran by one of Chicagos big WR's, and Revis covered it perfectly and broke up the pass. Mayock called him "one of the best corners ever" and Deion Sanders agreed. They also praised him for being able to play any type of coverage weather it's man, press, zone.

Then Mayock went on to talk about Malcolm Butler. Mayock said he was embarrassed when he went to a Patriots-Redskins joint practice last summer and saw this kid (Butler) with great feet and he didn't even know what College Butler went to lol. "That's how far off my radar he was" - Mayock. Talked about how Butler wasnt at last years Combine and wasnt even drafted, yet he made the play of the year and Rich Eisen called it "maybe the best play in Superbowl history"

Deion was smirking and said "that kid come in there HOT. He knew that ball was coming his way. They weren't going to throw at Browner, and they weren't going to throw at Revis that late in the game. Butler KNEW it was coming his way, he stuck his foot in the ground, and he went out and got that ball as if it was intended for him. I LOVE IT".

That's awesome. Prime Time is my favorite...says his biggest regret is that he never played for Belichick. The guy is a winner, period.
Notice how players with multiple rings like PrimeTime and Michael Irvin have a lot of respect for Brady and Belichick, but the guys with no rings or just 1 ring have a lot of hate (Faulk, Warner, Brunell, Dilfer, Warren Sapp, etc)

I'm disappointed. I missed the part where Deion and Mayock told the entire world that they just spoke to Darrelle Revis, who told them he signed a 6-year extension with the Patriots which will pay him $8.5M annually.

I'm disappointed. I missed the part where Deion and Mayock told the entire world that they just spoke to Darrelle Revis, who told them he signed a 6-year extension with the Patriots which will pay him $8.5M annually.

Say what? Lol

That'd be more appropriate in 37 days.

Notice how players with multiple rings like PrimeTime and Michael Irvin have a lot of respect for Brady and Belichick, but the guys with no rings or just 1 ring have a lot of hate (Faulk, Warner, Brunell, Dilfer, Warren Sapp, etc)

There's a reason why Irvin and Sanders feel differently than the rest of those players. They didn't lose games to Brady and Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes