PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo spotted in locker room on crutches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mayo Spotting

Guys, this is classic subterfuge. BB is going all WWF on Rex Ryan, and Mayo is going to be on the sideline Sunday, rip the cast off in warmups, and start with the opening lineup.

FYI.......Anthony Gonzales,SPRAINED knee ligaments.........out 2 months.Indy signed Hank Baskett.

Baskett with Indy??? Of course...

Cassel has the same injury (IMO) and he wasn't spotted in KC for two weeks. Week 3 (1) he was a game time decision sporting alimp and a knee brace. This week (approaching 4 weeks out) he is taking limited practice snaps and limping less noticably and is likely genuinely a game time decision. Takes a little longer when the rehab is for ILB. If Mayo was going out he would have likely disappeared altogether by now. Instead he will be in every meeting and getting treatment and we'll be finding out if he's a quick or slow healer. If there is genuine doubt Bill errs on the side of moving on. He only waits on guys he's pretty confident will be back sooner than later because roster spots are too valuable week to week.

Pardon me for being sceptical, but what is the basis of your opinion that Cassel and Mayo have the "same" injury?

Guys, this is classic subterfuge. BB is going all WWF on Rex Ryan, and Mayo is going to be on the sideline Sunday, rip the cast off in warmups, and start with the opening lineup.

Now that is one optimistic statement:D

I don't think we'll be seeing Mayo for at least 3-4 weeks, and that would probably be in a 'best outlook' situation. It sounds like he could be back after a month/month and a half or so--and to me that's good news. I don't see Belichick wanting to rush him back prematurely, as we'll need him for the stretch run in Nov-Dec.

At least it doesn't sound like it's a season ending injury, so let's be thankful for that.

Last edited:

This is all my fault :scream: :bricks:

I was walking with a cane two days after a knee replacement. It doesn't mean that I was in shape for a sports event anytime soon after.

This information doesn't tell us much.

Hmmmmmmmm, Mayo is a professional athlete, probably playing the the most physically demanding sport requiring superior fitness and determination......

.......... and you are likely a fat, middle-aged dude whose primarily level of fitness revolves around typing and posting messages on a internet message
board.

For some odd reason, I do not see the two situations as remotely similar to each other.

Just saying.

Last edited:

.......... and you are likely a fat, middle-aged dude whose primarily level of fitness revolves around typing and posting messages on a internet message
board.
Just saying.

someone forget to take their happy pills tonight? :eek:

i can see it now...the jets think they have us right where they want us.... ball on the 1, about to score the go ahead TD with less than a minute left, when suddenly, mayo comes running out to whatever his theme song is holding a steel chair and whacks mark sanchez on the head, then lays-eth the smacketh down on the rest of the Jets' candy asses.

yeah. it would be really cool if that happened.

fact that he is spotted can be taken +vely also. anything serious BB wouldnt let guys be seen or heard.

I wouldn't take this lightly. Rocky Mountain spotted fever can be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes