PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maycok predicts Ayers will be best defensive player from this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucky

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this out there. He's going out on a limb and says that guy can play in any system. Interesting...

NFL Video Galleries

Just thought I'd throw this out there. He's going out on a limb and says that guy can play in any system. Interesting...

NFL Video Galleries

Great Pass Rusher and just as good in the run game. The one thing that bothers me though is his closing speed. I would take him at #34 if we went ILB at #23 or even BPA at #23 but im not sure he would last. I dont think or want us to reach on him, but I want him...No Homo.;)lmao

Last edited:
Didn't he say the same about Gholston this time last year?

Ayers has such limited production, I can't believe Mayock would go out on a limb and suggest he'd be the best defensive player in the draft. I just read a quote from a personnel guy saying that he couldn't take Ayers before the 2nd round due to lack of production. A one year starter seems like quite a gamble as a pick for the best defender in the class. I do give Mayock (or Kiper or McShay, etc) credit when the go out on a limb as they all can play both sides of an issue at times.

Didn't he say the same about Gholston this time last year?

:D:D:D:D:D

I did hear him say that last night on either Path to the Draft or Total Access and almost fell off my chair. I know Mayock was pretty high on this guy but to say in two year he will be the best defensive player in the draft I think is a bold statement. You should have seen Davis's face when he said it but Davis was not going to get into it with Mayock. He is a kid with a great upside and I think some 4-3 team will grab him to put pressure on the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes