PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe you guys can explain something to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know we're whining and making excuses about the reffing, but personally I honestly don't blame us. Tell me honestly, if the Broncos are STILL getting no well-deserved respect and if we're so overrated, what did the Broncos do so great that led to a big win tonight? Your RBs combined for less than a hundred yards. While Plummer did play solid, he threw a pick and didn't get any huge plays, either.

I'm just honestly curious what everybody thinks the Broncos did so great to beat us, nay, OUTPLAY us. Don't mention anything late in the 4th after they already had a big lead, that's just sitting on a lead (even then, they still didn't run well at all).

I'm trying hard not to be bitter about this game, so give me some help :D :D

CheerforTom said:
I know we're whining and making excuses about the reffing, but personally I honestly don't blame us. Tell me honestly, if the Broncos are STILL getting no well-deserved respect and if we're so overrated, what did the Broncos do so great that led to a big win tonight? Your RBs combined for less than a hundred yards. While Plummer did play solid, he threw a pick and didn't get any huge plays, either.

I'm just honestly curious what everybody thinks the Broncos did so great to beat us, nay, OUTPLAY us. Don't mention anything late in the 4th after they already had a big lead, that's just sitting on a lead (even then, they still didn't run well at all).

I'm trying hard not to be bitter about this game, so give me some help :D :D
I tell you why it was a great win because we beat one of the best teams in recent history. There were alot of winning streaks going for you guys, 3-peat and Tom Brady being 10-0. That is what made it so great. Tom Brady threw 2 Ints, something that never happened to him in a playoff game I think.

who cares who the media respects?? its meaningless!! the players and coaches respect the teams they face at this point because they know they are good. they know a lot more than these dopey reporters. who cares if the media respects you or not? i didnt care when no one gave the patriots a chance against the rams. why does everyone cry about respect. good god. respect respect respect. shut the **** up about it. holy ****. every team in the nfl respects denver, if they dont they are idiots.

Because the Broncos didn't "win" this game. The Patriots lost it.

The ONLY thing that the Broncos did better than the Patriots was to hold onto the ball. Charity was the theme of the night for the Patriots as they gave the game to the Broncos on a silver platter. It did not matter who the opposing team was, it would have been hard for the Patriots to win a game with 5 turnovers against any team. The Patriots did everything that you wanted them to do on defense. The Broncos weren't able to run the ball effectively, and Plummer really didn't make many plays to win the game. The Patriots offense was able to move the ball with some success, only to bog down in the red zone. Brady was forcing the issue when he threw that pick. If you take away the fumbles, what exactly did the Broncos do? Nothing. The officiating was atrocious, that wasn't pass interference against Samuel, and that was a touchback on the fumbled interception by Bailey. These two misses by the officials led directly to 14 points. They also missed the interception by Samuel(overturned by replay), and the face mask tackle of Davis on that long pass reception.

This is a very dissappointing loss, but a playoff game like this was going to happen at some point; we have been spoiled the last four years.

The Broncos should be thankful for a victory that was given to them, not earned.

This pains me to say this, but I hope the Colts win today and then spank this undeserving team next week.

this is ....

coltshater said:
The ONLY thing that the Broncos did better than the Patriots was to hold onto the ball. Charity was the theme of the night for the Patriots as they gave the game to the Broncos on a silver platter. It did not matter who the opposing team was, it would have been hard for the Patriots to win a game with 5 turnovers against any team. The Patriots did everything that you wanted them to do on defense. The Broncos weren't able to run the ball effectively, and Plummer really didn't make many plays to win the game. The Patriots offense was able to move the ball with some success, only to bog down in the red zone. Brady was forcing the issue when he threw that pick. If you take away the fumbles, what exactly did the Broncos do? Nothing. The officiating was atrocious, that wasn't pass interference against Samuel, and that was a touchback on the fumbled interception by Bailey. These two misses by the officials led directly to 14 points. They also missed the interception by Samuel(overturned by replay), and the face mask tackle of Davis on that long pass reception.

This is a very dissappointing loss, but a playoff game like this was going to happen at some point; we have been spoiled the last four years.

The Broncos should be thankful for a victory that was given to them, not earned.

This pains me to say this, but I hope the Colts win today and then spank this undeserving team next week.

This is one of the best things stated so far:

"The ONLY thing that the Broncos did better than the Patriots was to hold onto the ball".........EXACTLY....they didn't SHOOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT TIME AFTER TIME...played it conservatively and .....got ALOT of help from the zebra's......Seriously, that was the most one sided, despicable umpiring in the history of professional sports!!!!

If they didn't commit so many dumb turnovers I'd point to the refs. That ludicrous pass interference call turned the entire game.

However, there were many opportunities to overcome that horrible call and every time they shot themselves in the foot.

It was going to happen eventually, last night just happened to be that night. I feel so lousy because I assumed when the streak ended it would be at the hands of a superior opponent who simply beat them.

Massive kudos to the Pats for doing the one critical thing they needed to, to make Denver look inept on offense: they stopped our running game. That is why Denver looked so bad. As much as I have his back, Jake ain't no Brady, and if you put the game soley into his hands.. well. But he has been making many less critical mistakes this year as opposed to last, so in that regards, he keeps us alive and moving on.

You stuff our run game, not many teams have done this. Do you really think if Denver's running game had took off, we would have looked this bad? No way.. we would have opened up the pass with the run, and it's an entirely different ballgame then.

Some idiot columnist on ESPN who clearly loves yer Pats, said Denver is done. We lose next week no matter what. I can only assume he forgot about Denver's #2 running attack. Or maybe he assumes it is going to simply fail again. I don't think so myself. I don't think the Steelers nor the Colts (especially the Colts) can stop our running attack. If not, and our D continues to play at their high level that they have all year, we are going to move on.

Gratz on your year though, and moreso your SBs, you really have showed the NFL what class is as a team imo. The running onto the field together during your first SB run was awesome, I loved it. Good luck to ya next year!

:)) Both defense played well. Holding on to the ball is quite a big thing after all.

coltshater said:
The ONLY thing that the Broncos did better than the Patriots was to hold onto the ball.

I'll say the same thing that I've said in a bout 3 different threads now. Look at the 01' Patriots. Most people said we did virtually nothing. A bend but don't break defense and at most times and average offense? They were alright by you though weren't they?

MDPATSFAN said:
Because the Broncos didn't "win" this game. The Patriots lost it.

Pull your head out of your ass.

The Broncos won. Our special teams dominated. Our defense stuffed your so-called running game. We pressured Brady all night long and harassed him into playing a horrible game. Our offense was efficient and, for the most part, mistake free. We capitalized on our red zone opportunities when we had them.

Sounds like a good forumla for winning football.

BusterTBronco said:
Pull your head out of your ass.

The Broncos won. Our special teams dominated. Our defense stuffed your so-called running game. We pressured Brady all night long and harassed him into playing a horrible game. Our offense was efficient and, for the most part, mistake free. We capitalized on our red zone opportunities when we had them.

Sounds like a good forumla for winning football.

It is, we won a Super Bowl or two that way as a matter of fact. Forgive some of these guys though, they seem to have forgotten that.

Patriot Games said:
If they didn't commit so many dumb turnovers I'd point to the refs. That ludicrous pass interference call turned the entire game.

However, there were many opportunities to overcome that horrible call and every time they shot themselves in the foot.

It was going to happen eventually, last night just happened to be that night. I feel so lousy because I assumed when the streak ended it would be at the hands of a superior opponent who simply beat them.

This is pretty much how I feel, too. The pass interference blunder was indeed a big turning point. But as for the fumbles, I feel sick just because those are the kind of plays that don't always happen. In other words, if we played again, we wouldn't expect to see so many fumbles in our own end. Overall, I don't think the refs cost us this game, I think it was just a few dumb plays where we didn't take care of the ball.

It would have been less painful if we had been out-offensed or out-defensed. For example, one Denver troll promised they would have two 100-yard rushers, and the whole Bronco team combined came in under 100. A great champion-caliber defensive effort of ours got wasted.

In conclusion, our fumblers lost us the game. The refs were a distant second.

shakadave said:
This is pretty much how I feel, too. The pass interference blunder was indeed a big turning point. But as for the fumbles, I feel sick just because those are the kind of plays that don't always happen. In other words, if we played again, we wouldn't expect to see so many fumbles in our own end. Overall, I don't think the refs cost us this game, I think it was just a few dumb plays where we didn't take care of the ball.

It would have been less painful if we had been out-offensed or out-defensed. For example, one Denver troll promised they would have two 100-yard rushers, and the whole Bronco team combined came in under 100. A great champion-caliber defensive effort of ours got wasted.

In conclusion, our fumblers lost us the game. The refs were a distant second.

Yeah, I agree pretty well with this.

No offense, but it's a little disappointing to hear Patriots fans having such a negative attitude. The implication that we won Super Bowls with nothing but good special teams and everything else just "good" is awful, as is the implication that when we won said Super Bowls we played like the Broncos did yesterday.

CheerforTom said:
Yeah, I agree pretty well with this.

No offense, but it's a little disappointing to hear Patriots fans having such a negative attitude. The implication that we won Super Bowls with nothing but good special teams and everything else just "good" is awful, as is the implication that when we won said Super Bowls we played like the Broncos did yesterday.

Real Patriots fans aren't saying this. Fair weather Patriots fans who might double as stealth trolls are saying this. ;)

Last edited:
coltshater said:
Real Patriots fans aren't saying this. Fair weather Patriots fans who might double as stealth trolls are saying this. ;)

All I know is that there's a difference between being a gracious loser and fairly discussing football. Just because the Broncos won doesn't mean we all have to proclaim they're great and super and way better than us. If we can't discuss football what's this board for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back