Welcome to PatsFans.com

Maybe we're better off without this forum

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turd Furguson, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As I perused the threads over in the General Talk forum and saw how everyone was so cool to everyone else I thought to myself, this is how this board should be. A bunch of Pats fans who all love their team and then all have some common interests as well as different backgrounds.

Here in this forum, it gets so emotionally charged and so heated that the good will between fans cannot last for more than a few days without the venom coming out on both sides.

While I do acknowledge that a forum for this kind of thing is a good thing, perhaps its not a good thing in this particular situation.

I dont want to come here to fight with any of you or have my views ridiculed or dismissed because they dont jibe with yours. I'd rather talk about good treats or restaraunts in my neck of the woods or what kind of year Dillon is going to have etc......

You all seem like good eggs more or less and its a shame that day after day we're tearing into each other like we're friggen Raider fans or something.

2. ctpatsfan1

ctpatsfan1 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

well the big difference is that as fans of the Patriots we all have a common like/love. We may differ slightly on certain facets of the team but the bottomline is we are all Patriot fans.

This board has no common basis from which to start. There are Repubs, Dems, Independents, Libertarians and liberal, conservative and moderate versions of each and every one of those. Bottomline it is a politics thread you are going to get heated debate and yes even attacks. I think it is good to have because it keeps it off the other board and gives people who like to debate a forum in which to do so.

Best advice I can offer is don't come and post if you don't want to get into heated debates/arguments. Every political board I have ever viewed is exactly like this one, its the nature of the beast.

3. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Turd, we have been over this before, The difference between the general messageboard and this one is that on the general board how pissed off can you get talking about your favorite movie? Here is real life, real consequences in todays society that will be someday refered to in a history book. And, as a general rule people can learn alot more here than they could on the general board.

4. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This board is informative and it helps to look at others opinions and facts to decide if our own decision is correct.

Now a few days ago you shot one across my bow and it's only fair to return the favor:D

Emotion people, we must base all our thinking and decision making on Emotion!!!!

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

The fact that people disagree makes it more interesting IMO.

YMMV.

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its that way because your side won't admit you're wrong. Come into the light TF and the world will be all sunshine and lollipops again.

From the team's founding 'till the mid 90's or so the predominant team color was red. There wasn't much blue at all, and just look at what that choice wrought us: pain, anguish, and world-wide humiliation. Then inspiration hit and blue took over and its been nothing but happiness and joy.

7. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't believe every one who posts here is a Patriots fan.

I don't think Harry Boy is a football fan.

I believe he comes here to incite bigotry and hatred.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

PATTERS, PATTERS, Mikey is after me again, make him stop before I start calling him swear words.

Hatred :singing: :singing:

9. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I believe he's refering to blue talon who is seahawk fan, don't be so paranoid.
    And you have'nt answered yet in the debate we have going, so c'mon lets discuss the other matter ...

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

This board is a synopsis of what is going on in this country, an extreme polarization of positions and little common ground. It typifies what is being done on the radio, blogs and in general in the corner bars... politics have permeated every aspect of our culture.. I cannot believe what has become political and what has been conveniently ascribed to both sides, it is all part of the ADD nation we have become.

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

12. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Personally, I sort of like almost everyone who posts here. Sure we get into heated debate, but there's also a lot of humor, some witty smack, and a lot of bright people who bring new challenges to the table. It's also great we have a real cross-section of American political thinking. I've learned a lot here, and I'm sure most others have to.

Now, Harry Boy, you would earn a few points if once in a blue moon you said something nice about the Patriots. Just say, Bill Belichick is a genius every 50th post, and we'll all be happy!

15. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

16. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

PATRIOTS RULE!!!!!!

LONG LIVE RODNEY HARRISON!

17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Since we are in a request mode here...
    I think we are much better off with a Tyler Faith forum.
    I'm sure NEM would gladly be the moderator of that forum...right NEMMY?