PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe we need to stop being cheapasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Troy is pissed now, Willie surely wasn't happy with not being contacted and went somewhere else after spending his career here, Vinatieri will likely go elsewhere, Givens left, Law, Milloy, and a bunch of others have been let go because the Pats didn't want to pay market value for them. I'm sure these FAs are telling other players on other teams what the Patriots organization is like... maybe the Pats shouldn't be such cheapasses is all I'm saying. I realize it's a business, but we're taking it a bit far....

drew4008 said:
Troy is pissed now, Willie surely wasn't happy with not being contacted and went somewhere else after spending his career here, Vinatieri will likely go elsewhere, Givens left, Law, Milloy, and a bunch of others have been let go because the Pats didn't want to pay market value for them. I'm sure these FAs are telling other players on other teams what the Patriots organization is like... maybe the Pats shouldn't be such cheapasses is all I'm saying. I realize it's a business, but we're taking it a bit far....
just as long as the other players are shown the glorious rings that Givens, Law, and those bunch of others have as a result of playing for a "cheapass" organization :rolleyes:

Wait until FA is over, there's a long way to go yet.

drew4008 said:
maybe the Pats shouldn't be such cheapasses is all I'm saying.
I thought stupid talk like this went out a few years ago...but again there are always those behind a bit on things..one's perception of being "cheap"..basically is NOT true at all.. They may not overpay, which is maybe the more accurate and correct stating of what you mean. But cheap?? Get a life..maybe you'll learn something one of these years.

drew4008 said:
You are absolutely right Drew, before you know it no one will want to play for the cheap a@@ Patriots. Why don't you boycott the forum until the Pats start to spend like crazy fools? Good luck on your boycott, I certainly appreciate your sacrifice.

drew4008 said:

If you spend to the cap...which there are some teams that do not do this like the Cardinals...then how is it that you're cheap??? Kraft has spent to the cap since he has been here...cheap is putting cap money in your pocket and having a few GOOMARA'S.

Read Don Banks article in CNN Sports section. Basically, he's saying the same thing that the SR members here have said all along, the Patriots have a plan which has worked so far. If I could choose any team's spending habits in the league, I would take the Patriots, as the end result is all that matters.

drew4008 said:
Maybe you should read "Management Secrets of the New England Patriots" by James Lavin and then come back here and tell us if you still think the Patriots are cheapasses. Read the chapter on acquiring players. You'll see that Belichick and Pioli are operating the same way they always have and the same way they won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls. And they always spend to the cap.

Yeah...yet one more way to make the same ignorant statement.

To be perfectly blunt, I'm not sure why we should care if Troy Brown is pissed. He had 39 catches for 466 yards last year, playing on one of the best passing offenses in the NFL. He hasn't had more than 40 catches in a season since 2002 and he's only had more than 41 catches in a season three times in his entire 13 year NFL career.

I love Troy. But, we aren't talking about Jerry Rice, folks.

drew4008 said:

Unfortunately, Drew, it came to light that the Pats had been in FULL CONTACT will Willie prior to and after he was cut. That came out on Tuesday courtesy of Felger.

Also, what is to say that Troy's idea of "not being contacted" is them talking, but no contract being offered?

I am sure that EVERY player in the league knows what its like to deal with the Patriots. You know, the team that has been the most successful this decade.

Your premis that the Patriots are cheapasses is pretty bad. Especially since they have laid out plenty of money to players. Last I looked, the Pats were at the cap (so much so that it hurt them) and they also were in the top 3 of cash over cap when all was said and done. So, how can you call them cheapasses? Just because they don't shell out exhorbinant amounts of cash for aging players?

drew4008 said:

All I can say is NUMB! We are only we are because... we are "cheapasses"!

Ask 35 thru 53 on the roster if the Pats are "cheapasses"! They win the Super Bowls!!!

Go root for the Skins they will make you happy this time of year! Hell on Paper the 2000 skins we're the greatest team ever assembled....what did they do?

DaBruinz said:
Unfortunately, Drew, it came to light that the Pats had been in FULL CONTACT will Willie prior to and after he was cut. That came out on Tuesday courtesy of Felger.

Also, what is to say that Troy's idea of "not being contacted" is them talking, but no contract being offered?

I am sure that EVERY player in the league knows what its like to deal with the Patriots. You know, the team that has been the most successful this decade.

Your premis that the Patriots are cheapasses is pretty bad. Especially since they have laid out plenty of money to players. Last I looked, the Pats were at the cap (so much so that it hurt them) and they also were in the top 3 of cash over cap when all was said and done. So, how can you call them cheapasses? Just because they don't shell out exhorbinant amounts of cash for aging players?

Bingo we got Bingo!

Besides spending to the cap each year the Patriots also have the greatest # of players earning > $1mil/year.

The panic and lack of understanding on this board of what is happening here is mind boggling.

patsfan13 said:
Besides spending to the cap each year the Patriots also have the greatest # of players earning > $1mil/year.

The panic and lack of understanding on this board of what is happening here is mind boggling.

This panic and lack of understanding is not just on this board, believe me.
I heard a lot of this panic and lack of understanding from friends, family and coworkers. I think people are a little concerned that we've lost more players than we have signed.

DefenseRules said:
This panic and lack of understanding is not just on this board, believe me.
I heard a lot of this panic and lack of understanding from friends, family and coworkers. I think people are a little concerned that we've lost more players than we have signed.

How many of them were jumping out of their seats in March of 2000?

Those Cheapasses are the ones that provided those THREE Super Bowl rings you so proudly display in your obnoxiously large signature Drew.

Why let a little thing like facts get in the way?

mgcolby said:
How many of them were jumping out of their seats in March of 2000?

I don't know, I can't remember that far back these days. :p
I'm just saying that these panicky feelings are building outside of the messageboard in some fans.

DefenseRules said:
I don't know, I can't remember that far back these days. :p
I'm just saying that these panicky feelings are building outside of the messageboard in some fans.

No problem, I can understand the average fan being worried. But not a person who has followed this team for a while who understands the methodical decision making they bring to the table during the FA period and on draft day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back