PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe this loss will have some positive effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Give Cassel more confidence.

Gave time for the RBs to get healthy.

No big injuries (right?).

Let's the team they know they can hang with an "elite" team on the road. (Yes, Colts suck, but they're still thought of as elite by some.)

Pisses off the team and gets them focussed on the next two games, which right now are MUCH more important than this one.

WHEATLEY...He has a history of broken wrists right?

Looks like Wheatley busted his wrist. I hope its not the one with the metal plate or he's done for the year.

Let's the team they know they can hang with an "elite" team on the road. (Yes, Colts suck, but they're still thought of as elite by some.)

Who exactly? Colt fans?

Give Cassel more confidence.

Gave time for the RBs to get healthy.

No big injuries (right?).

Pisses off the team and gets them focussed on the next two games, which right now are MUCH more important than this one.

Yup....if we had to lose one out of the next three, this was the one.

Win the next two and we'll be fine.

Yup....if we had to lose one out of the next three, this was the one.

Win the next two and we'll be fine.

While that's a good point on this being the one out of the three to lose... this game could of easily been a win if:

A- The blown 2 point attempt was instead just a field goal. I'd rather take one point than none at all. Especially in this low scoring game where every point scored really does count.

B- The infamous timeout call on 4th and 1. Had Bill of let the play go on instead of calling the timeout then it would of been 1st and Goal. Bad decision.

C- Where in the devil is the pass defense on this team? I know its been weak this season but geez.... is ANYONE attempting to adjust to things even during the game? I keep seeing pass upon pass being completed with the defense only swarming the player after the catch most of the time during the game.

There is many good things to come out of this game. Cassel for the most part did well and to me is certainly gettting better by the week. He'll never be Tom Brady but Matt is certainly earning my respect. Green-Ellis is also looking VERY good out there as well. Plus the run defense was very good tonight as well.

Its just those few things that kepted this game from being a win and taking total lead of the AFC East. As a team however hopefully the lessons learned from tonight will indeed bring forth a positive effect in the next two weeks which in my opinion are both must wins AND is the season on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down