PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe the crappy turf at home hurts us too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Pats have won the last 3 road games by 24,22 and 25. Also, had
the Jets 24-0. Before they started to comeback and won by 7. Brady
commented on how he likes to plant and throw on turf. Slows down
Pats receivers too; Watson,Gabriel,Caldwell,etc. Maroney has looked
explosive on the turn in Minny and Cincy. Had the big ko return in
buffalo too. Thoughts?

patsfaninpa said:
Pats have won the last 3 road games by 24,22 and 25. Also, had
the Jets 24-0. Before they started to comeback and won by 7. Brady
commented on how he likes to plant and throw on turf. Slows down
Pats receivers too; Watson,Gabriel,Caldwell,etc. Maroney has looked
explosive on the turn in Minny and Cincy. Had the big ko return in
buffalo too. Thoughts?

I say they rip up the sod, put down astroturf and build a dome around Gillette. Brady might never lose a game again.

I'm a purist fan who thinks football should be played on grass

But I think most of the players will tell you that the newer artificial turfs have all the good qualities of real grass and all the benefits of artificial turf (actual blades of synthetic grass with synthetic crumb rubber "dirt" for added padding as well)

If the players voted they'd probably go with the synthetic - and if that's what they want I'll go along with them

Last edited:
But you know, its like running at the beach. It takes a lot of effort to run in sand, by the time you get back to the pavement, you feel like you can fly. I actually think that field helps us by making us stronger.

The last 2 games were played on Field Turf which is the stuff that was rumored to be going in at the razor. If they players want it...fine with me.

The good thing is that the Revs play in RFK this Saturday instead of here. I know, I know, soccer doesn't tear the field up but I'd much rather have a field that isn't used for any purpose then one that had a game on the night before.

There was a time when we wanted a slower field but with the evolution of this team I think it does hurt now. The sad thing is that natural grass can be every bit as good and consistent as Field Turf. I, too, am on the natural grass side. But if the players want it and (I begrudgingly admit compared to the mess we have now) it will help us take advantage of the speed we now have, then why not.

At least we'll still have the good ol' New England elements to play in. Until Polian makes Kraft put a roof it.

CTPatsFan said:
. I, too, am on the natural grass side. .

I thought we already had a thread about this with BB's son getting arrested.:D

Last edited:
Our team is getting faster with Maroney and Jackson. Our CB are quick. Only our LB are slow. I'd almost prefer a good surface at this point, I think it's to our advantage.

PatsRI said:
I thought we already had a thread about this with BB's son getting arrested.:D
That works on so many fronts :)

I thought the field was going to get resodded. It should be fine by that time. Knock on wood. I like natural grass personally. Its the way the game was meant to be played. I know Brady does great in domes but... I'd have to see more studies on this field turf before i'd hitch up to that bandwagon. The previous problems with turf were increased injury risk because players got TOO much traction. Therefore when a guy planted his foot and got hit he would be more likely to get hurt as he'd take more damage to the planted limb not to mention the ground was too hard when he hit it. Caused lots more serious injuries than on real grass.

As a purist, I'm all for no helmets, oh wait, that was last week's argument. If they go to turf, no big woof for me, but I love the expression in pundit's voices trying to talk about the field while the clubs are wading through another mud bowl Fall classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back