PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe Ricky Williams is our next RB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pats1 said:
Can SOMEOBDY please tell me why EVERYONE has given up on Corey?

Give me a break. We have Corey. We have Faulk. We have Pass.

End of story.

It does seem people are giving up on Dillon. But I think part of it is due to his age, decline will come sooner rather than later, and many see this year as the start of it.
When a player is judged to be closer to the end of his career than the beginning, many fans diminish their ability and want the guy who will be here for 8 more years.
Its the same as the popular guy in a city with a losing team is the backup QB.

AndyJohnson said:
Lets trade for Ricky Williams, hire Mike Martz as OC.
Lets sign TO.

I say do it, as soon as BB gets a brain transplant from Jerry Jones.

Three different situations here. (and I appreciate the JJ reference!)

TO is a 3rd grader who can't exist without attention, good or bad. If we got TO I'd become a CFL fan or something.

Mike Martz is dummer than the average college coach. He's never shown me the talent to even think about wanting him. Maybe as a backup assistant receivers coach --- that's the closest I'd let him come to our team.

Ricky Williams's crime was totally letting down his team --- obviously not a BB guy. But he was trying to get himself out of the spotlight (which of course backfired). And he never had that "I'm great" attitude that TO has, and never showed up his teammates to their faces (but again, did ditch them for the orient).

shakadave said:
Three different situations here. (and I appreciate the JJ reference!)

TO is a 3rd grader who can't exist without attention, good or bad. If we got TO I'd become a CFL fan or something.

Mike Martz is dummer than the average college coach. He's never shown me the talent to even think about wanting him. Maybe as a backup assistant receivers coach --- that's the closest I'd let him come to our team.

Ricky Williams's crime was totally letting down his team --- obviously not a BB guy. But he was trying to get himself out of the spotlight (which of course backfired). And he never had that "I'm great" attitude that TO has, and never showed up his teammates to their faces (but again, did ditch them for the orient).

Sure, there are differences, but the similarity is none of them would have any chance at all of ever being here while BB is alive.

The other similarity is posts on this board have endorsed getting each of them.

pats1 said:
Can SOMEOBDY please tell me why EVERYONE has given up on Corey?

Give me a break. We have Corey. We have Faulk. We have Pass.

End of story.

Right. And that trio gave us the #24 rushing offense in the NFL with a pedestiran 3.4 ypc.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to improve that.

And don't give me the injuries excuse. Dillon is getting to the age where its more surprising if he doesn't miss time than if he does.

And Faulk has always been good for missing a few games.

tombonneau said:
Right. And that trio gave us the #24 rushing offense in the NFL with a pedestiran 3.4 ypc.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to improve that.

And don't give me the injuries excuse. Dillon is getting to the age where its more surprising if he doesn't miss time than if he does.

And Faulk has always been good for missing a few games.

Do you not think that the O Line has anything to do with the production of a running game?

Hypotheitically, if you were coaching the O Line of the Patriots and injuries forced you to play 2 rookies and a backup Center, would you ask the O Line to prioritize the run game or pass protect Tom Brady (not that this would ever happen).

Do you think that returning to the O Line that did such a good job opening holes for the run game in 2004 might be a boost to our run production?

If not that's fine, but given all that - as well as Dillon's own injury - I'd say there's not enough data to pull the plug on Corey.

That being said, we need to groom a RB for the future even if Dillon has a monster year next year.

I would love to have Ricky here.Yes,he is a wierdo but he is still one of the most talented RB's out there.He was warmly welcomed back to Miami and Saban had nothing but good things to say about him.As long as he stays clean,why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes