PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe Ricky Williams is our next RB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
drew4008 said:
Ummm, no. Lewis blows, and is nothing but a crackhead, and Davis needs to retire.
Your facts are off....Lewis is not a "crackhead" he copped a plea for conspiracy to distribute drugs. And the details were admittadly shaky.

Second..his offseason was spent IN JAIL...I doubt they have a lot of time for training inside. If Lewis sucks than so does Corey who by the way Was once in trouble for..SELLING DRUGS

I agree with Willie55, Williams is definitely not a BB guy. The whole "we want people who love football" goes out the window when the guy quits to go smoke MJ for a year in the Outback.

KDPpatsfan said:
Your facts are off....Lewis is not a "crackhead" he copped a plea for conspiracy to distribute drugs. And the details were admittadly shaky.

Second..his offseason was spent IN JAIL...I doubt they have a lot of time for training inside. If Lewis sucks than so does Corey who by the way Was once in trouble for..SELLING DRUGS
can't argue with that

KDPpatsfan said:

Lewis did, however, mail in the season so he wouldn't get hurt in his contract year.

Ricky was one of my favorite backs when he was with the saints, and started out with the dolphins... 2004 ruined him for me. "a crushing blow"

but id give him a chance. if he gets on the team, then i would of had 2 fav running backs on the team :) Dillon and Williams.

I really like Stephen Davis to, but hes really old :-(

Aint no mountain high enough in New England for RW!

fleabassist1 said:
Ricky was one of my favorite backs when he was with the saints, and started out with the dolphins... 2004 ruined him for me. "a crushing blow"

but id give him a chance. if he gets on the team, then i would of had 2 fav running backs on the team :) Dillon and Williams.

I really like Stephen Davis to, but hes really old :-(
Stephen Davis and Corey Dillon are the same age pkus Dillon has 600 more carries than Davis which is about two years worth of pounding... Not saying he is a feature..but a very serviceable backup/spell HB

shakadave said:
As everyone comes in to tear me up here, please include comments about how he was playing by season's end this year. I really didn't get to see him.

I really don't have the energy, so please just consider yourself torn up.

Williams really not the type of player that would fit here in New England. He seems to be the type that cares only about himself and not about the team. Besides we still got Dillon

Ricky has two strikes against him, one more and he's banned for a year. I don't BB would be intretsed in him for that reason.

KDPpatsfan said:

How do you know that Lewis isn't a crackhead? Also, the reason he copped a plea was to ensure he did as little time as possible and so the Feds would have a slam dunk case against the "bigger fish".

Now, as for Dillon's drug problems. You do realize that those occured almost 15 years ago, right? There is a big difference between things that happened 15 years ago when a person was young and stupid vs something that happened within the last 3 years. Are you going to give Lewis the excuse of being young and stupid at age 25?

The whole Lewis incident came when he was still at Tennessee so he was younger then, I believe 20, but I don't remember. I think Ricky Williams is one of the top RB in the league and at full strength probably even better than Corey Dillon. But I just don't think you can take a risk on him if you are the Pats. If you were playing Madden or something you make a deal all day, but not in real life. Too risky.

Scott37 said:
four words: "marijewanna is bad, mkay"

If you knew how many guys really toke up...you would sh!t in your drawers. That and steroids. You can mask the evidence. The whizzinator is only one way. There are many different ways. The lazy ones are the people who get caught. I used to work on the railroad. They used to p!ss test constantly. Yet there were around 75% of the work force that still "driving their train...high on cocaine."

Get into reality folks. This stuff DOES happen.

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
How do you know that Lewis isn't a crackhead? Also, the reason he copped a plea was to ensure he did as little time as possible and so the Feds would have a slam dunk case against the "bigger fish".

Now, as for Dillon's drug problems. You do realize that those occured almost 15 years ago, right? There is a big difference between things that happened 15 years ago when a person was young and stupid vs something that happened within the last 3 years. Are you going to give Lewis the excuse of being young and stupid at age 25?
Lewis wasn't 25 when the incident happened. Your phrase "how do you know he isn't a crackhead" make you look rediculous..I see you prefer a guilty until proven innocent approach. No mention of him being a crackhead has ever surfaced except on this board. As as far as the reason he copped a plea..were you on his legal team? Were you privy to thier converations? Do you even have a grasp of the law? His statement in regards to the press was basically.."I made a mistake, but did not sell drugs...I just wanted to do the time and put it behind me." I will take his word for it since I was not there when he did whatever, nor was I there when they went over his defense strategy. You seem to just insert opinions as fact at will. And as far as "bigger fish" There is no bigger fish than famous pro running back...convictions are as much about publicity for the presecution as anything..if they actually had anything proving that he SOLD drugs..they would not have offered a bargain of a few months in jail...

Last edited:
Lets trade for Ricky Williams, hire Mike Martz as OC.
Lets sign TO.

I say do it, as soon as BB gets a brain transplant from Jerry Jones.

AndyJohnson said:
Lets trade for Ricky Williams, hire Mike Martz as OC.
Lets sign TO.

I say do it, as soon as BB gets a brain transplant from Jerry Jones.
LMAO

Maybe we can bring back Lawrence Phillips, or the Kid from Miami a few years back (don't remember his name) who broke into someone's house. RW is a talented RB buit such a big risk with the drug policy. Jamal Lewis will IMO return to form as a bruising fantastic back....If he has Character issues..I'll leave it up to BB and SP to decide.

texpat said:
Phins will not let him go to someone they face twice a year.

Ooh I hadn't thought of that angle. Especially if he's still as good as I suspect, they wouldn't want first-hand evidence twice a year. (On the other hand, we LOVED facing Bledsoe twice a year.)

Can SOMEOBDY please tell me why EVERYONE has given up on Corey?

Give me a break. We have Corey. We have Faulk. We have Pass.

End of story.

KDPpatsfan said:
LMAO

Maybe we can bring back Lawrence Phillips, or the Kid from Miami a few years back (don't remember his name) who broke into someone's house. RW is a talented RB buit such a big risk with the drug policy. Jamal Lewis will IMO return to form as a bruising fantastic back....If he has Character issues..I'll leave it up to BB and SP to decide.

The drug policy is one thing, and a big concern, because if he fell off the wagon you lose him. But a bigger concern to me is even CONSIDERING bringing in a guy who flat out quit on his teammates with zero worries.

You can polish that piece of shlt all you want, but the bottom line is that LEADING UP TO his decision to walk away, the timing of it, and his cavalier attitude toward his responsibilities to his teammates, clearly says he was a bad teammate and a 'me' guy to begin with.

The Gr8est said:
I really don't have the energy, so please just consider yourself torn up.

Gr8 stuff! I love it!
:rofl:

I really would like to hear more about how he was running in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes