PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe Ricky Williams is our next RB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Reading elsewhere (by Dryheat) that Ricky Williams won't still be in Miami come opening day, it hit me ---- there's our RB for the next 2-3 years! I know there will be some passionate opinions on this, but for the sake of the debate, consider:

1) At his best he is one of the NFL's best runners (like Corey '04).

2) He's in debt, so he shouldn't walk again. (I hope --- LOL)

3) He's still 28 (though he'll be 29 before the season starts).

4) He took a lot of guff for going to Asia and all that, but I think he had courage to try to follow his ideals, and I always felt bad for him with his phobia of being in public.

5) This year he ran for a 4.4 average.

As everyone comes in to tear me up here, please include comments about how he was playing by season's end this year. I really didn't get to see him.

shakadave said:
Reading elsewhere (by Dryheat) that Ricky Williams won't still be in Miami come opening day, it hit me ---- there's our RB for the next 2-3 years! I know there will be some passionate opinions on this, but for the sake of the debate, consider:

4) He took a lot of guff for going to Asia and all that, but I think he had courage to try to follow his ideals, and I always felt bad for him with his phobia of being in public.

As everyone comes in to tear me up here, please include comments about how he was playing by season's end this year. I really didn't get to see him.

paaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaa

The Dolphins have been dangling Ricky as trade bait for a quarterback. Minnesota is a real possibility, though less now that Linehan has moved on. San Diego was a possibility until Brees got hurt. I've heard Tennessee is mildly interested, and Houston has been mentioned, clearing the way for them to draft Vince Young. The craziest rumor out there is to Green Bay for Favre. If this were last year, we'd have the "Trade Davey for Williams" crowd.

Would BB be interested? Only if he has given up on Dillon, and even then I'm not sure.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Willie55 said:
I just threw up in my mouth.

well after you get a drink maybe you could go get some pot from ricky and a whizzinator form onterio.

shakadave said:

Just out of curiousity, where are you reading RW won't be with the Phins next year? Though they've said they're open to trading just about anyone, the only rumors concerning RW have been on the finheaven messageboard. I'd hope you or dryheat would have something better than that. In fact, Saban all along has indicated that unless he gets a really good deal he'll keep RW.

Chevagus said:
Just out of curiousity, where are you reading RW won't be with the Phins next year? Though they've said they're open to trading just about anyone, the only rumors concerning RW have been on the finheaven messageboard. I'd hope you or dryheat would have something better than that. In fact, Saban all along has indicated that unless he gets a really good deal he'll keep RW.

Well of course Saban would say that. He's not going to say "I'm desperate to trade Rickey Williams.....seventh round pick obo."

Most of my info comes from ProFootballTalk.com, which I find about 75% accurate with their rumours, because it comes from personnel guys and agents. They had Herm Edwards leaving the Jets to coach the Chiefs back in November, just for one recent example. And they were the one's to break the Chad Johnson/Sherman Lewis altercation. As well as about 4 days ahead of the other news outlets in the T.O. saga. Required daily reading for me.

I like Ricky Williams. I'd welcome him in a Patriots uniform.

I think Williams would be a great option for us for the next three seasons. I can't imagine he's going to be demanding a whole lot either. He looked alot better this season than I thought he would considering he took all that time off. I think after this full season to get back in the swing of things, he'll have a great year next season.

pass on grass

huskeralk said:
I think Williams would be a great option for us for the next three seasons. I can't imagine he's going to be demanding a whole lot either. He looked alot better this season than I thought he would considering he took all that time off. I think after this full season to get back in the swing of things, he'll have a great year next season.
I actually agree on this one, remember how good he was when he was the rushing leader? If we do it, I wouldn't have any complaints.

I'm not sure that BB would be in favor of a trade or aquisition involving RW. It doesn't seem like the type of player that he wants. I think that a healthy Cory Dillon will be back next year and will perform more like his '04 self.

He's not a BB guy. His hearts is not into football and the only reason he came back was because of the $8mil. he owed because of the signing bonus.

Phins will not let him go to someone they face twice a year.

texpat said:
Phins will not let him go to someone they face twice a year.
I think that BB will take a look at Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, and maybe even Steven Davis.

I dont think BB would give the price that Saban is looking for. No way Saban takes a 3 or 4 rounder.

Digger44 said:
I dont think BB would give the price that Saban is looking for. No way Saban takes a 3 or 4 rounder.
I'm not so sure b/c Ricky is dangerously close to a 1 year ban...

KDPpatsfan said:
I think that BB will take a look at Jamal Lewis, and maybe even Steven Davis.
Ummm, no. Lewis blows, and is nothing but a crackhead, and Davis needs to retire.

I have always loved watching Ricky run. I agree that he may not be BB guy becuase he doesn't love football and that is always a prerequisite, but he does have a similar situation to Corey a couple years back where he could come in and just be a member of the team without having all of the pressure of being the star.

I would take him.

four words: "marijewanna is bad, mkay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back