PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe OT: PFW subscription price

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechris

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
So I live in Dallas and I have been a long-time Patriot fan and have been hearing about Patriots Football Weekly on this board. I figured that it'd be a cool magazine to subscribe to until I saw how much they are charging. Almost $50 for a 1 year subscription!!! I dunno, that just seems pretty high to me. I understand it's a weekly magazine, but why not offer a 3 month period or something?

You can get most of the same info on the website. I only order the May issue, which is really good because it has all the info about the new draft picks. You can call and get individual issues and start with the May issues from the last couple years if you want their best issue of the year, IMO. I also call and get back issues when the Pats win playoff games, ect. I don't like to get it weekly because it is a little dead in the offseason and a little depressing when they are losing, plus it takes a week to get there.

Try an issue and decide if you want it every week. Carol Hardy, I believe, is the back issue lady.

Last edited:
thechris said:
So I live in Dallas and I have been a long-time Patriot fan and have been hearing about Patriots Football Weekly on this board. I figured that it'd be a cool magazine to subscribe to until I saw how much they are charging. Almost $50 for a 1 year subscription!!! I dunno, that just seems pretty high to me. I understand it's a weekly magazine, but why not offer a 3 month period or something?
It's weekly during the season, and monthly off-season. Fifty bucks ain't so bad to get 30-40 issues mailed to your door. It's a pretty good mag except for that dope Casale. I'm hoping they get rid of him before it is time for me to renew. I've got two years remaining on a three year subscription, so it could happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
You can get most of the same info on the website. I only order the May issue, which is really good because it has all the info about the new draft picks. You can call and get individual issues and start with the May issues from the last couple years if you want their best issue of the year, IMO. I also call and get back issues when the Pats win playoff games, ect. I don't like to get it weekly because it is a little dead in the offseason and a little depressing when they are losing, plus it takes a week to get there.

Try an issue and decide if you want it every week. Carol Hardy, I believe, is the back issue lady.
That's a damn good suggestion, thank you. I didn't even know you could do that.

I hoard all the back issues from the playoffs and big games in my closet.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
That's a damn good suggestion, thank you. I didn't even know you could do that.
You should have flipped NEM's tablets over and read the fine print.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:

I canceled my subscription after five years because I no longer needed or really even read PFW anymore. You can get the same info from here or Reiss or any other Pats related site. The thing was, PFW arrived a week late even with first class mail. Why would I want to read week-old news?

I always pick it up at the store. $1.95 per issue. And because we will be going deep into the playoffs, you figure about 30 weeks. Then it's about once every two weeks until after the draft and then once a month.

So, $50 isn't that bad. I just don't want to rely on the mail. I use the full color depth charts as part of my pregame ritual. I'll go totally nuts if I don't have it in front of me folded exactly between the offense and defense.

Last edited:
this website and forum is the reason I canceled my subscription, I get all the same info and a lot more here.

thechris said:

You also forgot to mention they charge extra for first class mailing, in other words, when I had it, I opted not to do this and everything was a week behind. It's not a bad publication, but after a year of fluff pieces and cookie cutter format I got my fill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a subscriber since their inaugural year, and I think it's a good publication, though I'm finding it harder and harder to justify the expense these days. As other posters have pointed out you can find the same information for free here or at numerous other websites in a more timely fashion. I do like some of their features like, as another poster mentioned, the profiles on all the draftees, and they sometimes do stories on Pats players/teams from the past which are interesting. A paid subscription will also get you an annual Pats yearbook which is nice for collectors.

Being on the West Coast I pay the additional $$$ to ensure the paper doesn't arrive late. They occasionally mess up even with expedited postage, but they're pretty good about rectifying the situation. Yes, Carol Hardy is the person to contact for any subscription issues..........she's pretty good to deal with.

I have a question........does anyone know where I can find a copy of the very first issue published in 1995? It is no longer available in the back issues and it's the only hole I need to fill in my collection. Can anyone help me with this? I imagine eBay would be a good place to look.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes