PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe Brady should call Philip Rivers for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a Rivers interview where he said he told his doctors that he wanted to be ready in time for training camp, and they laid out for him what he'd have to do, and he worked extremely hard at it to meet their requirements. Brady is well known as one of the hardest working players in the league, I have no doubt that if he is hurt that badly, he'll work as hard as possible to get back into top form.
i think brady will be back ontime or better, because yeah, that guy is an extremely hard worker

Yea, and the way he was playing yesterday proved that. The biggest hurdle for quarterbacks to overcome after an injury like that is being able to trust their leg again and not be scared to step into throws and generally take risks. Both Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb played scared after coming back from their injuries even though they were both fully healed; it took some time for them to get over their fears. On the other hand, Rivers was playing aggressive yesterday; stepping into throws even when he knew he was gonna get hit hard, and taking lots of hits but completing passes. So, I'm confident that Rivers will be fine mentally, and he looks healthy physically. In fact, I think his arm strength and speed improved quite a bit.

Agree with your assessment in general, but he had surgery on his right/plant knee. The question isn't whether he is stepping into his throws with his left leg...it is whether or not he is planting and driving with his right leg. Rivers still seems to be unwilling to do that, particularly when under pressure. He has a strong arm so he can still make all the throws, but if he wants to keep the consistency under pressure that he has shown in the past, he will need to get that trust back.

Brady will have the opposite issue. He will have no problem planting but will need to deal with any anxiety about exposing his stride leg. I'm glad he will have a full 12 months before he needs to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back