PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe Bill Walsh is right: after 10 years there needs to be a change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something doesn't add up. How is he bad at personnel decisions if the team is 19-4 over the last two seasons?
The Patriots have arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game at the helm surrounded by some excellent offensive talent in Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez. They've been able to overcome the shortcomings of the Defense by blowing sides out of the water.

The D needs help with personnel. I'm inclined to write this season off (as the overhaul effort) in that department given the lockout's effect on the NFL. That said, releasing almost the entirety of our defensive backfield has to be questioned, let alone the state of our linebackers.

Something doesn't add up. How is he bad at personnel decisions if the team is 19-4 over the last two seasons?

What's their record in the post-season?

That said, releasing almost the entirety of our defensive backfield has to be questioned, let alone the state of our linebackers.

I'm still trying to figure out how BB got off the hook so easily for benching Welker in the first series against the Jets in the playoffs.

The Patriots have arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game at the helm surrounded by some excellent offensive talent in Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez. They've been able to overcome the shortcomings of the Defense by blowing sides out of the water.

The D needs help with personnel. I'm inclined to write this season off (as the overhaul effort) in that department given the lockout's effect on the NFL. That said, releasing almost the entirety of our defensive backfield has to be questioned, let alone the state of our linebackers.

.....and how many draft picks, FA has the mad genius(cough!) had the past few years to build and field a TEAM DEFENSE that can win come Jan/Feb ? Writing is on the wall, 1 yr is an anomaly. Repeat years of most pathetic D is squarely on his shoulders.

At the rate this Defense is playing even a Tebow can light them up for 400, 3TD's. This "stopping the run first" mentality has passed him by. This is a PASS-PASS-PASS league and on defense the

People who counter with that Pats D may give up yards but its the POINTS that count where they clamp down need to get their head examined. That first Drive Steelers put on just nails the point. Watch more of this to come to keep Brady & co on sidelines.

Only Brady is saving his arse considering the garbage for Defensive players this HC/GM has been throwing out there via draft or scrap heap FA

Re: Maybe Bill Walsh is right....

Is this really a thread?

I will coach. I have extensive experience playing Madden. I think I'm qualified.

.....and how many draft picks, FA has the mad genius(cough!) had the past few years to build and field a TEAM DEFENSE that can win come Jan/Feb ? Writing is on the wall, 1 yr is an anomaly. Repeat years of most pathetic D is squarely on his shoulders.

At the rate this Defense is playing even a Tebow can light them up for 400, 3TD's. This "stopping the run first" mentality has passed him by. This is a PASS-PASS-PASS league and on defense the

People who counter with that Pats D may give up yards but its the POINTS that count where they clamp down need to get their head examined. That first Drive Steelers put on just nails the point. Watch more of this to come to keep Brady & co on sidelines.

Only Brady is saving his arse considering the garbage for Defensive players this HC/GM has been throwing out there via draft or scrap heap FA
I happen to think there's a whole range of issues with the Patriots. You can point to our internal scouting system if you like when it comes to defense. More recently, it hasn't been a problem offensively. The issue is, how long do you keep trading down and into the future for value? Perhaps there is a master plan? Perhaps the players just aren't executing? Perhaps it's a coaching problem.

I'm inclined to believe that it's a combination of factors. If you hadn't noticed, every team is flawed in 2011 with the Packers the least flawed of the lot. If you're good, you're going to have a chance to win the Superbowl this season.

Last edited:

I think even the offensive players are somewhat overrated. They struggle to get separation from quality cover guys, and the offensive line struggles against speed rusher..Well that has been going on for years.

it's even hard to read this nonsense. i almost want to think there are posters from other teams here pretending to be pats fans and stirring up muck. brady and bb are keeping this team afloat while we try to rebuild. what other team is close to our success. are all of bb's personnel moves perfect. no. i hated his drafts in cleveland. craig powell, tommy vardell et al. but with floyd reese and bb i see a light at the end of the tunnel. we may not be elite now but we have the makings of a pretty good d. we came out flat after a bye and the rapists were pumped sky high. move on. here come the giants .

after going 5-2 and a lot of football left this season - anybody wants a change in coaching ??? ....just insane.

Go Pats :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Bill Walsh also called jake plummer the next joe montana

Bill Walsh also called jake plummer the next joe montana

That doesnt mean that Walsh didnt have a lot on ths ball and that his ideas shouldnt be considered and discussed.

Lay off BB
Last week he took a couple days rare down time to select his Pirate Halloween costume for the Halloween party with his GF

He'll be ready with a great game plan vs the Jints

I think even the offensive players are somewhat overrated. They struggle to get separation from quality cover guys, and the offensive line struggles against speed rusher..Well that has been going on for years.
You mean we have players who don't do as well against really good competition. What a travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back