May Patriots Rookie Predictions - Biggest Surprise of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
With rookie camp done and over with, obviously most of us have read all the reports and have researched all of the rookies. Post your prediction of which guy you feel will have made the biggest impact by the time the 2010 regular season is over.

I think it will be interesting to pull this thread in February (after the postseason hopefully ;)) and read who was right and what predictions were made.

No discussions in this thread, just predictions - unless you're agreeing. If that's the case please elaborate on why you agree and give your own opinion to go along with your thought on why you feel that way.

Last edited:
McCourty....

Spikes Brandon

Cunningham has biggest boom
or bust factor. Afraid he may bust out... Just feeling.

Cunningham can rush and convert to OLB. Best pick in a while.

Zoltan, but that's boring.

SPIKES WILL BE A BEAST IN THIS DEFENSE!

Hernandez.......he is going to play multiple positions and be a monster in the reception game.

Not sure this qualifies as a surprise though.

As a true surprise, I think Price has a very nice year for us....better than a lot of us think.

Last edited:
Hernandez for the win

Post your prediction of which guy you feel will have made the biggest impact by the time the 2010 regular season is over.

Hey now Ian, you're making this tricky. Is it biggest SURPRISE, or biggest IMPACT? Not the same thing at all. :nono:

I'm going with "surprise" and jumping on the Hernandez bandwagon. I love both of the rookie TEs, I think Gronkowski is the best all-around classic TE prospect in years, but the 4th rounder is going to open some eyes.

Gronkowski

I look for about 400 Yards from him this year and his blocking will be a factor as well.

To be the biggest surprise the guy has to have no expectations. I'll go with Price. Many here lump him and Tate together. I think Price will prove to be better at catching passes this year.

Buddy Farnham...he'll end up moving to Beverly, Mass...change his name to Buddy Clampett..strike cod liver oil off Georges Banks and retire to Beacon Hill where he, BB and Bill Polian will iive out their days as the Beacon Hillbillies...

Brandon Spikes with Jerod Mayo. Not fair! This will be a mean defence!

I'll wait til they all put on pads, but my money is pretty much on Price. I don't think I'll change, or I'll get a visit from that Scottish Highlander who is not from Braveheart.

Hernandez has my vote... we have too big of a need at TE and WR, and Hernandez can help with both. I'm predicting a Dallas Clark "type" - not necessarily the same production as Clark, but he will cause similar problems for defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back