Welcome to PatsFans.com

May 9th: Bush Grants Himself Extraordinary Powers

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, May 24, 2007.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

"President Bush has signed a directive granting extraordinary powers to the office of the president in the event of a declared national emergency, apparently without congressional approval or oversight.

The "National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive" was signed May 9, notes Jerome R. Corsi in a WND column. "

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55825

Quigon, you're a star wars nerd, tell me isn't this how Star Wars started with the Galactic Empire? The thing that bothers me is ANYTHING could be considered an emergency - for example what if we invade Iran, hurt world oil supplies and thus damage our economy? Is that an emergency?

2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Get back to me when they cancel the 2008 presidential election ok...? Because until then, you'll have to forgive me if I see you (and your little website) as little more than paranoid conspiracy theorists with a political axe to grind against the current administration.

3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

if by 'political axe you' mean reason and critical thinking, then you are correct.

it's amusing that you accuse everyone who criticizes your beloved bush of having a political axe to grind, or being a 'libtard', or being biased. i'm not even liberal, i'm more of an old school conservative, but that's way too complicated for you to understand.

you are part of the idiot 28% that will support bush no matter what. you are as dumb and sheeplike as WWII germans who supported hitler. and once again, you refuse to talk about topics and hijacked another thread (you're so predictable).

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

Someone compares supporting Bush to supporting Hitler and then calls someone else dumb ?

:bricks:

5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Yes. It is astounding that about 30% of citizens in this country still approve of Bush. How many bad things has gone on due to this administration? It's a huge list, including many unethical as well as imperialist policies.

The comparison is that without critical thought or reasoning, and merely blindly following your leader no matter what he says or what he does, sheep for Bush are just as guilty as those sheep who supported Nazi Germany no matter what. This is not democracy when people aren't using reason, or objectivity, but rather extreme ideologies, fear, and an attitude of defending and supporting the leader no matter what.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

That's a pitiful explanation, the level of blindness it takes to support Bush vs. the level of blindness it took to support Hittler is hundreds of orders of magnitude.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

Anyone in that 28% who blindly support, are just as moronic as those in the 28% that will only criticize. Don't you think? :D

8. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I find it also astounding that while only 33% approve of Bush, only 29% approve of the job the D controled Congress is doing. HHMM. what do you make of that? Are the polls faulty or is thier spin coming. Hey I don't like a BUNCH of waht Bush is doing but take your blinders off. He is only half the problem, the other half is on the D side with a LOWER approval rating that Bush.

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27589

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

(me singing)

"Blinded by the RIGHT!...reved up like a deuce another roller in the night!"

Honestly QuiGogn.......you can't see the similarities?

10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

12. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The directive loosely defines "catastrophic emergency" as "any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions."

13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately for you, you are completely incapable of reason and critical thinking.
    No, just those that demonstrate they are paranoid conspiracy theorists and compare the current adminstration to (using your own words here) "The Galactic Empire".

I ain't even making that up or anything... those are your words, direct quote and all...
    Isn't it amazing how many liberals in this newsgroup deny being liberal...?
    Hijack another thread..? You asked me a direct question by name comparing Bush to "The Galactic Empire" (direct quote, your words) and I answered.... but to you, that's "Hijacking the thread"..? what a f*cking moron you are... can I get an amen from the congregation..? :rolleyes:

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

---Get Bush---

15. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Isn't it amazing how many neo-cons fail to see they don't represent the old Republican Party anymore?

16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

first, Congress is up since the 109th left, when it was the lowest in 12 years... second, tell us all when Congress has EVER been above 45% the past 50 years? ... so what's your point?.... oh, that's right... you have none...