Welcome to PatsFans.com

Max Blumenthal: Strike Two

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Jun 6, 2010.

1. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

He's a very young lefty whose dad is the infamous "Sid Vicious" Blumenthal. Nothing is worse than a Jew who's anti-Israel.

Recently he's been shown to be too quick to allege that the Israelis maliciously edited audio tapes of the flotilla goons, by inserting anti-semitic taunts, and there are several, to the IDF soldiers. One is "Go back to Auschwitz!" The tape turns out to be true, contrary to Max Blumenthal, edited merely for length. (There are stretches of silence.)

The son--like the father--is animated by attacking conservatives, sometimes playing fast and loose with the truth. But he is making his share of mistakes like any 21-year-old on his way to becoming an establishment chattering head, like Chris Matthews. In five or six years he'll be on a TV panel Sunday mornings.

Here is Max's first strike. But being on the Left means never to have to say one is sorry.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

James O'Keefe is already an established manipulator, lawbreaker, and liar, so I'm not sure why you take his word for anything. Blumenthal, like many Jews, is not anti-Israel, but is against the right-wing government. Using your logic, I could claim that you are anti-U.S. because you disagree with Obama's policies.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

What lies have O'Keefe told?

His crime was running a sting on a public official to show how they were deceiving their constituents. On that basis everyone from 60 minutes is a criminal.
  4. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Patters, the links provided show Blumenthal to be making serious errors in judgment and lacking veracity. Regardless if one is on the home team, that's no reason for being a "homie."

O'Keefe is a criminal like a guy receiving a speeding ticket. As far as I understand it, he was found guilty of a misdemeanor offense of entering a federal building under false pretenses.
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

This is OT (I don't even know who Blumenthal is), but I think o'Keeffe has been shown to have edited the tapes he took at acorn to make them misleading (e.g., deleting out all the people's objections, calling police, etc.)
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So far, I'm not terribly impressed with Blumenthal, but most of my knowledge of him is based on some high profile mistakes he's made. O'Keefe got off easy, and I don't mind that, but it's pretty obvious that he has an agenda and is about as trustworthy to me as Michael Moore is to you.