PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mauroney & Jackson Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what #'s are 2 top picks will wear in Pats blue. My 8 year old asked me and I confess that I have no idea when those decisions are made. Have they had an official visit to Foxboro for pictures etc?

jackson wore 8 in college, so I guess he would wear #88. maroney wore 22 so maybe 32 in the pros.

Jackson is asking the league if he can keep 8 because he wears it in memory of a friend that died.

DGameguy said:
Jackson is asking the league if he can keep 8 because he wears it in memory of a friend that died.

Does he have to ask? I thought they changed the rule for WR's #'s last year.

Another # question. Since we got the 2nd RB and WR taken does anyone think they'll want more money the the typical #21 and 36?

Jackson will probably be 88, then, or 18. I prefer 80s for receivers but whatever, it's not my decision (Having numbers for positions is one of the things I prefer in the NFL over college... one of many things, really). The new receiver numbers are in the teens or 80s... it used to be you had to fill up your 80s before players could use numbers in the teens, Keyshawn being the notable exception who asked the league if he could be 19.

The numbers the guys wear at the first rookie camp are usually the ones they end of wearing, but not always. Warren wore 92 with the Patriots in camp and preseason until Ted Washington was traded for, and Washington wanted to wear 92 as he always has (though I vaguely remember him wearing 72 or 75 with the Bills, but I might be mistaken) so Warren deferred to him and wore 94, which he continues to wear now.

Last edited:
primetime said:
Warren wore 92 with the Patriots in camp and preseason until Ted Washington was traded for, and Washington wanted to wear 92 as he always has (though I vaguely remember him wearing 72 or 75 with the Bills, but I might be mistaken) so Warren deferred to him and wore 94, which he continues to wear now.
Warren wore #94 in college, but someone had it when he was drafted (a scrub DL we ended up cutting - can't even remember his name), so he wore #92. Then we made the Washington trade, and he wore #60 (?) because Warren had #92. Then the scrub wearing #94 got cut, so Warren switched, and then Washington followed suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back