PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Waldman on Jacoby Brissett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you keep acting like the o-line we saw at the end of the year is the O-line were going to see this year and that there will be no improvement?
Once I see improvement, the sky will stop falling.:p

Patriots traded for a guard, 2 rookies are going into their sophomore year and the Patriots just drafted a guy who can play tackle and guard. I would say the Patriots are addressing the OL big time. We still have day 3 of the draft too.

I agree. I think the Pats re-vamped o-line is looking might nice right now. Especially with Dante back at the reigns.

JG is going somewhere he can play either via trade in 12 months or UFA in 24 months.
How anyone can conclude now that he won't be here for next six, eight, 10 years makes no sense.

Patriots traded for a guard, 2 rookies are going into their sophomore year and the Patriots just drafted a guy who can play tackle and guard. I would say the Patriots are addressing the OL big time. We still have day 3 of the draft too.
And some guy named Dante is returning.................:rolleyes:

Who knows how long he will be here.
That was my point. But aside from perhaps Cassel, he's shown the most promise of any Patrots QB drafted since Brady. Too may people here see him as trade bait for unknown reasons; I think he's Brady's successor.

That was my point. But aside from perhaps Cassel, he's shown the most promise of any Patrots QB drafted since Brady. Too may people here see him as trade bait for unknown reasons; I think he's Brady's successor.

He looks better than cassel ever looked. But, that doesn't change the fact that he may not want to sit behind beady for another 2 or 3 years. Patriots need insurance and should consider trading him if they like what they see from the new guy.

The money will be the issue. If Brady's here until 2019, Garropolo will get serious wedge as a backup. Some team will possibly offer him semi-starter money.

The money will be the issue. If Brady's here until 2019, Garropolo will get serious wedge as a backup. Some team will possibly offer him semi-starter money.
IF Grop shows what I think he's capable of, then the Patriots might have to make a tough choice.

IF Grop shows what I think he's capable of, then the Patriots might have to make a tough choice.

I share your views on his ability which is why I think Brissett is here. If Jimmy plays in the four games and plays as well as I think he's capable of, he's getting traded I suspect.

Yes, because after all, it's not like we spend hours with those QB's, picking their brains, showing them tape, and giving them interviews.. yet a few posters feel they still know best. :rolleyes:
Of course we know best...It's not like we haven't seen this kid play more than 2 plays in his career…..thanks to the video in post #1, we've seen 3 (that's 50% more).

He could be. Overall it's a timing/performance issue. If TB is still playing at an all-pro level in 2018 Jimmy is gone. If he slips to caretaker status, BB needs to make a decision.

At the end of the day, we don't know what will happen with Brady or with Jimmy but at least we're prepared with someone else with talent to learn the ropes in the meantime.

I share your views on his ability which is why I think Brissett is here. If Jimmy plays in the four games and plays as well as I think he's capable of, he's getting traded I suspect.
If he plays well and is a big factor in winning three or all four of those games, he's a keeper. The kid has a rare quick release, is smart and moves well. You don't trade away a future franchise QB when your starter is 39.

If he plays well and is a big factor in winning three or all four of those games, he's a keeper. The kid has a rare quick release, is smart and moves well. You don't trade away a future franchise QB when your starter is 39.

Fair point. But you'll have to be prepared to pay him 12 mil plus then as a backup or give him starter money and cut/trade Brady.

Fair point. But you'll have to be prepared to pay him 12 mil plus then as a backup or give him starter money and cut/trade Brady.

As a dsta point: despite the new contract the Pats can trade Brady in 2018 without losing salary cap room.

How much he'll be worth in Brady's final years -- depending on what he shows in the interim -- could/should be negotiable. It might be a manageable situation while Brady plays out the string; in other words, Grop might be willing to take a bit less to stay here knowing the team is his when Tom retires.

Seems like Brissett is talented but needs development, perfect for the #3 QB. Admittedly #2 for a few games maybe, although if suspended Brady doesn't count so they could sign a Flynn type.

I fully expect JG to be gone in 12 months or certainly 24, he's going to want to play.

As awesome as TB12 is, and I would bet on him to play out these four years, at his age we have to keep bringing in talent just in case. The QB is the most important position in sports (SP would be but they only pitch every 5th day).

One thing about Brissett's delivery: I've had about enough of developmental QBs with a slow windup, especially on this team. He needs to show something early to make me a believer.

Grab your popcorn, it's gonna be a fun preseason and 4 regular season games to boot.......One has to wonder how much we see of TB in Pre Season......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes