Welcome to PatsFans.com

Matt Stevens, former Patriot, remains paralyzed after motorcycle accident 3 years ago

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Warren94, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warren94

Warren94 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Re: Matt Stevens, former Patriot, remains paralyzed after motorcycle accident 3 years

I remember him. SS, flew around like a human torpedo. For some reason the Pats left him unprotected in expansion draft and Houston grabbed him.

I feel badly for him.

3. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,719 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Re: Matt Stevens, former Patriot, remains paralyzed after motorcycle accident 3 years

I'm sorry to hear about Matt. Hopefully, research will find a way to re-enable damaged nerve cells and paralytics of all types willl enjoy more mobility.

On a side note, famous Pats fan Zip had an incident that caused him to be confined to a wheelchair after his 2001 Fan of the Year. A supremely focused and determined positive person, he persevered, and after 2-3 years was up and walking again being pulled hither and yon by his guide dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010
  4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,869 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Feel bad for Stevens. I would honestly rather be dead than paralyzed.

Good for him. I can tell by looking at his pics that he's the type of dude who won't take any **** from anyone or anything, including paralysis. :rocker:

5. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Not the time or the place, Dude. SHow a little respect for Stevens if you can and not use his misfotune to make political statements

6. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Sad story. He was typical of those Patriots teams early in the decade, considered a JAG but was a solid performer here.

7. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +51 / 8 / -3

I remember the 01 pre-season. Was the first year I got a dish. Dish Network. They didn't have NFL ticket. But, they let you pick what city you get your locals out of. I took Boston. So, I got my pats games on Boston CBS. Pre-season, pre-game,post-game,etc. Matt brought a toughness/aggressiveness to this team we were lacking. That's when I first noticed it. And, Brady had a great pre-season. Thoughts started to creep in that we should trade Drew to me at least. I was just hoping to be a wild-card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.