PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Schaub to Texans [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Matt Schaub to Texans

interesting figure i saw on espn.com

carr's 22-53 record cost the texans around 35 million

If Houston has some compassion (and if the price is right), then they will trade Carr to a team that could use a starting QB, yet doesn't have "protection problems".

interesting figure i saw on espn.com

carr's 22-53 record cost the texans around 35 million

The 22-53 record is not Carr's, it's the Texans'.

I thought the Texans were smarter than this... I guess I was wrong.

Carr will be a find for a team that truly needs a qb... he will need some help around him, but he isn't that bad.

The Texans oline is one of the worst.

They have 1 real weapon for the offense (Johnson).

Shaub isn't going to turn everything around for them...

Last edited:

I like Schaub alot, but dam the texans are going about things all wrong... Carr doesnt even see the light of day the poor guy is on his back so god dam much

I agree, Carr never had a chance in Houston. Houston's FO has done nothing to give the guy an offensive line of any sort. The new qb will find out how things work in Texas soon enough.

I have alot of respect for Carr. For someone who has spent most of his career on his back, I haven't read anything from him in the media complaining about the poor front office decisions. Not a mention of not getting Reggie Bush. If anyone besides a Patriot succeeds, I hope it is David Carr. He's one of the toughest sob's in the NFL imo. I also think he still can be a very good QB. Hope he lands in Minnesota.

could be the first good move in Texans history...Enough of this David Carr "project" the guy isn't getting the job done and he had 6 years to do it

I didn't like the trade when it was just the #40 pick. add in a 2 next year and switching 1s and whoever was responsible for this in Houston deserves a public lynching.

if i am Pioli I immediately get on the phone and offer them Gay for a 3. when Houston laughs at the offer respond with "it's a better deal than the one you just completed for a back-up QB."

hell, I say start cassell against the crappiest defenses you play this year. Houston will need a new QB if Schaub fails.

this is why every team needs a VP of common sense. "you want to trade two 2nd rounders and swap 1st to get a back-up QB who hasn't been great when he has played? NO."

I agree that the Texans O-line is an issue. However, they have made strides to fix it and their running game. On the O-line, they added, Eric Winston and Charles Spencer last year. They also signed Jordon Black from the Chiefs and Black will be a good guy for them to push Winston and Spencer. The question, now, is their interior. How many more years does Flanagan have?

With the running game, they have Ahman Green added to Wali Lundy, Samkon Gado and Ron Dayne.

Well they added Green this year.

Spencer was injured last year, and no one could protect Carr's blindside.

They didn't give Carr tools such as Green when he needed them (when he was still there).

The Texans would have been smart to keep David Carr and build the O-Line. Carr showed flashes of brilliance when able to stay on his feet for more than 3 seconds and throw the ball.

Re: shaub signs huge deal with texans

yeah, thanks for monitoring the board so closely.

it popped back up to the top at the same time I posted this.

mods - can you just delete this or merge thanks.

Nothing to do with monitoring my friend. Just posted in the other thread (which is this thread), clicked to go back to the board and saw your topic (which, ironically, is now this thread too).

Re: shaub signs huge deal with texans

Nothing to do with monitoring my friend. Just posted in the other thread (which is this thread), clicked to go back to the board and saw your topic (which, ironically, is now this thread too).

its crazy isnt it?

Yeah, that's right...I scooped someone. :D

what about the contract deal?

6 year 48 million????

in the espn.com article, says he has yet to win a start in 3 years, and is uner .500 in comp. in those 3 years.....

an all or nothing hit or miss.....but i guess that 3rd year buy back term is their back up....right in time for them to pick up jimmy clausen in the draft, thats to say if he comes out as a junior ^^

and the contract terms somehow make it an even worse deal for Houston.

you don't pay for what a guy could possibly but isn't very likely to become. In the best-case scenario (Schaub becomes a #5-10 ranked QB) they paid market rate, and in all other scenarios they got a bad deal.

There is basically no chance for this to be considered a really good deal for Houston (even if he succeeds they paid a high price). There is a great likelihood it ends up being a bad deal. That is the trademark of an awful deal.

Contrast this to New Orleans picking up Brees, a proven good starter, for just a little more cash last year.

i don't know why the deal offends me so much, it just does.

Last edited:
Why couldn't they just wait a season till Schaub was going to be a free agent? That contract would had been competive with just about any other team interested in him (say the Vikings). Schaub has as much upside as Drew Henson when he quite baseball. How did that turn out?

Good job Dallas for picking up Henson, did you suggest to your neighbors to pick up Schaub?

Great deal for the Falcons. They have DJ Shockley to prep and someday they can trade him for two 2nd round picks and move up in the first. At least they can do something right even if it isn't on the field.

Could they had gotten that much for Vick? Geez, just think about what Vick or a Brady or Manning is worth in trade. The Pats can take a teams next two years of picks for Brady. Then they can give half of it back for some other teams back up... say Senaca Wallace?

The Texans are hoping that Schaub will be the next Delhomme, a backup QB worth trading for.

We will see if Schaub can stand upright with that offensive line.

The Texans obviously gave up two 2nd round picks with the intention that Schaub would start for them. I think it's for the best anyway, as David Carr needs fresh start with a new team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back