PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Schaub to Texans [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shaub traded to Texans

I agree that the Texans O-line is an issue. However, they have made strides to fix it and their running game. On the O-line, they added, Eric Winston and Charles Spencer last year. They also signed Jordon Black from the Chiefs and Black will be a good guy for them to push Winston and Spencer. The question, now, is their interior. How many more years does Flanagan have?

With the running game, they have Ahman Green added to Wali Lundy, Samkon Gado and Ron Dayne.

No, the problem is that Spencer had a nasty injury last year that may be career threatening. Thus, they still lack a legitimate long-term solution at left tackle. Black has shown that he can't play LT, and Winston is best at RT.

Re: Matt Schaub to Texans

Atlanta has NO DOUBT secured Landry.

Now here is an interesting question... does Milloy get the axe??

I've heard Milloy played very well for them last year.

I think Atlanta goes defensive line. They lost Kerney so maybe they are hoping Gaines Adams falls or Jamaal Anderson or Amobi Okoye.

I would rather have Shaub than Vick....shaub may be unproven, but vick has proven to be worthless and a lot more expensive. I think Houston got a good qb, but they paid dearly for it

I'm not too sure if this is such a great deal for the Texans. Keep in mind, last season they drafted defensive rookie of the year DeMeco Ryans in the 2nd round so that's a hefty price. As aforementioned in this thread, Schaub has had one game where he looked like a good pro QB and it happened to be against us. As long as Houston has that shambolic O-line in place and no established RB to boot, I'm not betting on any QB to turn things around there.

I'm not too sure if this is such a great deal for the Texans. Keep in mind, last season they drafted defensive rookie of the year DeMeco Ryans in the 2nd round so that's a hefty price. As aforementioned in this thread, Schaub has had one game where he looked like a good pro QB and it happened to be against us. As long as Houston has that shambolic O-line in place and no established RB to boot, I'm not betting on any QB to turn things around there.

That good game he had against us was when we our defense was absolutely horrible. Harrison had just gotten hurt and we couldn't stop anybody. Also we had been preparing the entire week for Michael Vick. Still Schaub threw two passes right into the hands of Duane Starks and both would have been intercepted if Starks wasn't completely worthless. Had Starks caught those two easy interceptions I don't think there ouwld be nearly as much hype surrounding him as there is.

Here's an interesting question:

Would Atlanta draft Brady Quinn with the 8th pick overall? I don't think they would have moved up from 10 to 8 for Landry, so they are probably either going after a QB, DE, WR(swing a trade for Calvin?), or an O-Linemen.

I don't think they would have moved up from 10 to 8 for Landry.

Oh I think they DEF would... and "are" moving up with Landry in mind. No way they trade Schaub to draft a QB.

Maybe if Gaines Adams is there... "MAYBE". But I'd say outside of Adams, Atlanta has their radar locked on LL.

Oh I think they DEF would... and "are" moving up with Landry in mind. No way they trade Schaub to draft a QB.

Maybe if Gaines Adams is there... "MAYBE". But I'd say outside of Adams, Atlanta has their radar locked on LL.

Why? They most likely could have landed him at 10.

Would Atlanta draft Brady Quinn with the 8th pick overall? I don't think they would have moved up from 10 to 8 for Landry, so they are probably either going after a QB, DE, WR(swing a trade for Calvin?), or an O-Linemen.

The names that pop up immediately are Robert Meachem and Levi Brown. However, Adrian Peterson may be an interesting fit here. Warrick Dunn is very old for a RB. Jerious Norwood is a solid complementary back. But I don't think Peterson falls past the Vikings at #7 so this is probably a moot point.

Atlanta has NO DOUBT secured Landry.

Now here is an interesting question... does Milloy get the axe??

Not until just before the 1st game of the regular season...

With the 10th pick in the 2007 Draft,The Houston Texans
select Michael Bush,running back from Louisville.

Day late and a dollar short.......

Last edited:

Why? They most likely could have landed him at 10.

Not with Houston @ 8. Houston would taken him. Especially, now that they have Schaub.

Re: Shaub traded to Texans

matt cassel's value just went up a bit and will still be rising

With the 10th pick in the 2007 Draft,The Houston Texans
select Michael Bush,running back from Louisville.

Day late and a dollar short.......

michael bush??????

the 2nd best HB in the draft class is marshawn lynch, its peterson, then a little back, lynch....then the hb draft class drops

and if somehow lynch and peterson came off the board, then there is absolutely no way bush is taken at #10....they'd trade down and pick up a substancial amount of picks...

texans are bad at drafting...but they're no jets...

Last edited:

michael bush??????

the 2nd best HB in the draft class is marshawn lynch, its peterson, then a little back, lynch....then the hb draft class drops

and if somehow lynch and peterson came off the board, then there is absolutely no way bush is taken at #10....they'd trade down and pick up a substancial amount of picks...

This was tongue- in- cheek........They didn't take Bush last year.........soooooooooooo,they're making up for their mistake(it's a joke)

michael bush??????

Seriously, kid... it was a funny joke.... REGGIE Bush, MIKE Bush.... get it?

I laughed my ass off... btw, I think this does put the dirty birds in play for Calvin....they still believe in Vick and think they need some WRs that can catch.... kid can catch, but I don't know that DET, CLE, or TB will come to terms w/ ATL... IF ATL can get something good, they'll move up. Just my opinion.

It seems like a steep price to pay, but I think the point to remember is this: decent QBs are at an absolute premium in this league. There are very few elite QBs: Brady, Manning, Carson Palmer, maybe Drew Brees, I may be overlooking one or two others, but not many.

Most teams are even casting round desperately for a second tier guy, or have someone they aren't sure about. Look at Miami, Chicago, Jacksonville, Detriot, Cleveland, Washington, even Atlanta. Look at Eli in NY, Huard in KC, McNair in Baltimore, Jake Delhomme, Alex Smith, even Matt Hasselbeck. And there are , what, two in the draft this year? Three at a stretch?

Look at Houston, even. They spent a number one pick on David Carr.

It's a gamble, sure, but there's a serious lack of talent around, and maybe two second rounders and a small move in the first is worth the gamble? Schaub might be the real deal, and for a lot of teams that's enough.

I hope Schaub gives Duane Starks a commission on the new contract he signs with the Texans.

I hope Matt Schaub gets much better protection than David Carr got or they will continue to be looking for a Quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes