PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia has officially been named DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope in one/two seasons rumors are about HC offers to him. It would mean he's done a fantastic job as a DC.

This is what I was thinking. Bill has to stick around long enough for Steve to make a name for himself, because otherwise he's not going to last very long.

I don't know about that... as Belichick's son he probably knows more about the game than a lot of exprienced coaches.

There's a lot of organizations that would give him a place as a coaching assistant. After that it's up to him and I doubt Belichick will cut him any slack - quite the opposite, he'll have to work harder than others.

But seeing as Patricia went from coaching assistant to DC in 8 years perhaps we can expect the same type of road for the younger Belichick...

I generally agree with you though - one could make a strong case that the elder Belichick would at least want to have a hand in the coaching education of his son - not because his son couldn't find a spot elsewhere - but just because its a very special opportunity to pass along his trade.

And if that should work out that Belichick is here for another decade so be it

So which team is going to try to hire Patricia as a head coach in 2013. I think the reason that Belichick doesn't name a DC or OC, is that they get plucked after one year on the job. Since Weis and Crennel left I don't think anyone has held a coordinator title longer than one year before someone else signs them to a hc job. Funny thing is that none of them succeed.

Well, I hope in one/two seasons rumors are about HC offers to him. It would mean he's done a fantastic job as a DC.

I don't know. Eric Mangini was hired by the Jets after one year as DC. During his tenure in 2005, the Patriots defense looked pretty bad compared to previous years. I think he was terrible as a DC, but he got hired anyway. It is the Jets, though.

Last edited:
I'm not against the move. At first I thought that BB needed to find a coaching peer who would take on his son but I fear that other NFL coaches will always see him as a spy at least until he attains a position of significant responsibility. BB should pull in favors and get the kid a 2013 job in a top rank college program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Patricia has officially been named DC

baby-shocked-gif.gif

I'm not against the move. At first I thought that BB needed to find a coaching peer who would take on his son but I fear that other NFL coaches will always see him as a spy at least until he attains a position of significant responsibility. BB should pull in favors and get the kid a 2013 job in a top rank college program.
'Bama maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back