PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexthered

Rookie
Reaction score
I live in Matt's hometown of Greenville OH, this is a mini-me Boston in the middle of Bengal-Browns-Colts country..Anyhow, I was wondering do you guys feel Matt could be a Hall of FAmer someday. I do, he is the anchor of the line and is looking for a 4th ring...What does everyone think?

Hall of Fame ? He's not a pro bowl player. An above average player at a tough position is the best I would describe him.

I think he does a great job but gets hammered by the fans when he goes up against speed guys. I am not sure if he could be a HOF. He'd have to paly for a long time, but he doesn't really dominate.

He's undervalued on this board, but not THAT undervalued.

Hall of Fame ? He's not a pro bowl player. An above average player at a tough position is the best I would describe him.

he was last yr and pro bowl is based on public perception. HOF is based largely in part by superbowls.

I like him, but feel that he has a 0% chance at the HOF. Sorry.

I live in Matt's hometown of Greenville OH, this is a mini-me Boston in the middle of Bengal-Browns-Colts country..Anyhow, I was wondering do you guys feel Matt could be a Hall of FAmer someday. I do, he is the anchor of the line and is looking for a 4th ring...What does everyone think?

He is as close to a hall of famer as Greenville Oh. is to being Boston

Absolutely not, and I like the guy. There are several tackles who are way ahead of him and you got to figure that there won't be a ton of OTs going in from a single generation of football.

Which is why it's going to be interesting to see who else but Brady and Belichick makes it from our run.

I would be satisfied if he just cut down the number of false start penalties this year.

he was last yr and pro bowl is based on public perception. HOF is based largely in part by superbowls.

He wasn't really a pro bowler last year - he was like the 4th string injury replacement when two others didn't want to go. And while multiple superbowls will tend to sway the voters, you have to be firmly on the cusp as well as in posession of the rings. You don't get in just because you played a position for a number of SB teams.

If there is a hall of fame devoted to shaggy bearded red haired guys, he's a shoe-in.

light.jpg

For his size I think he does a good job. I think he gives great effort on every play and we get our money's worth from him. I am surprised at how well he's held up lately ... I thought sure he was going to be injured all the time like early in his career ... he has proved me wrong.

However, the last few drafts I have been hoping ofr one of those massive OT's so Light can switch to the right side. Our line is good now and would be even better if Belichick pulled that off. Kaczur could be the backup which is what he really is anyways.

With the top pick this year ... perhaps Belichick will pull the strings and do it...there are several good ones (5) to choose from.

Considering the dough some spend on left tackles, I would say he is no better than average for that position.

Nice dude but a lot here probably remember the whispers of moving him to the right side and bringing in a stud blind side blocker with the pick that became Joe Staley.

Offtopic: did you guys know that Brady went to the same high school as Bonds out here in San Mateo. That means that at the end of this season the most dominant football player and baseball player of the last 50+ years graduated from the same high school. What are the chances of that?

no chance he belongs in the company of munoz, dierdorf, boselli, our own john hannah and others. none, and thats coming from a pats fan

I think he can get into the Hall of Fame. Tickets are only $16.

He lives about a mile from me on the Foxboro/Mansfield line. His house is in Foxboro, but some of the land is in Mansfield. I was tempted to dress up as the Browns punter (with the single bar helmet), and bring my kids by his house for Halloween. :)

He'd have to get a LOT better. And at this stage in his career, that's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back