Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
Practice report
Link|Comments (0) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff January 17, 2008 01:12 PM
FOXBOROUGH -- The Patriots are holding their afternoon practice on the Gillette Stadium field today. The team is in sweatpants, light shoulder pads and helmets, so it's not a full-pads workout.

LT Matt Light and S Mel Mitchell were the two players we didn't spot during the media-access portion of the workout, which included stretching.

QB Matt Gutierrez and OL Dan Connolly wore black jerseys, as the practice players of the week.

a.) I hope that it's not injury related
B.) I hope that it's not the flu.

Damnit. O'Callaghan has the flu. I will scream if this is flying through the OL. This better not be AFCCG 2007 Redux with the flu bug hitting before the game.

I hope I see something other than flu listed next to Matt's name on the injury report.

I hope I see something other than flu listed next to Matt's name on the injury report.

Why? It's only Thursday. If he's sick enough not to practice, he should be over it by Sunday. Maybe he'll be a little run down, but it's the AFCCG, adrenalin will take care of that.

I'd be much more worried by "Did Not Participate - Knee"

I heard he was at this part time job at the T letting commuters enter the station.

Jebus every flippin year at this time it's the flu in the Pats lockeroom. :mad:

Why? It's only Thursday. If he's sick enough not to practice, he should be over it by Sunday. Maybe he'll be a little run down, but it's the AFCCG, adrenalin will take care of that.

I'd be much more worried by "Did Not Participate - Knee"

You are right. I think that some of us still have nightmares about last years' AFCCG when half the team was sick. :eek:

By the way, the flu that's going around right now is not the high-temperature kind. A lot of people do have the runs, though.

Stomach flu is widespread right now. If something accidental happens to Light during the game, it will probably freeze instantly and no one will even notice.

By the way, the flu that's going around right now is not the high-temperature kind. A lot of people do have the runs, though.

Stomach flu is widespread right now. If something accidental happens to Light during the game, it will probably freeze instantly and no one will even notice.

That sounds so NASTY. :D

Last edited:
Someone send the team a case of airborne and some lysol.

Well if they do have the flu the good news is that the are not in the ArtificalNoiseDome and nobody will turn the heat on full blast in the second half.

I'd rather have the O-Line get it than the D again.

Great, another Mud Bowl:D

Gutierrez must be doing a great job as the shadow Philip Rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back