PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just because of the injury, this becomes semi-obligatory.....

I wanted Oden.

Now, let's hope that the big man is ready, and let's hope that Light has a swift and complete recovery.

Maybe it will be a Bledsoe moment.
When it happened i was thinking the same thing. What i don't understand is why they didn't move Nick K to LT tackle and Vollmer to RT, Kazure has played LT before and done OK. They seemed to change the game plan because of Lights injury.

As MVP noted, a walking cast sounds more like an ankle injury, which is kind of how it looked the way Koppen fell on him.

When it happened i was thinking the same thing. What i don't understand is why they didn't move Nick K to LT tackle and Vollmer to RT, Kazure has played LT before and done OK. They seemed to change the game plan because of Lights injury.
Moving Kaczur reshuffles 2/5 of the OL, by keeping Nick in his slot and using Vollmer you limit the disruption to the O-line relationships.

Moving Kaczur reshuffles 2/5 of the OL, by keeping Nick in his slot and using Vollmer you limit the disruption to the O-line relationships.
I just threw it out there because its been done in the past when Lights been hurt. I didn't think about it until i started typing the post.

Last edited:
As for Light, I hope walking off the field was a good sign. I am hoping sprained knee, but I agree the look on his face did not look that way.

Brady walked off the field in 2008.

I was jsut curious because its been done in the past. I didn't think about it until i started typing the post.
Kac was the #3 OT in 05 (much like Vollmer now) when Light went down, they kept Ashworth at RT and plugged Kac in alongside Mankins. Ash had also done a fair job as a LT (and actually was moved to LT when Kac was hurt later that year - but that was when Gorin was the #3 OT so plugging him into RT wasn't a major disruption since he and Ash had been taking turns between injuries there), but Kac got most of the starts - if Light is out I expect that will be Vollmer's job for the foreseeable future.

Kac was the #3 OT in 05 (much like Vollmer now) when Light went down, they kept Ashworth at RT and plugged Kac in alongside Mankins. Ash had also done a fair job as a LT (and actually was moved to LT when Kac was hurt later that year - but that was when Gorin was the #3 OT so plugging him into RT wasn't a major disruption since he and Ash had been taking turns between injuries there), but Kac got most of the starts - if Light is out I expect that will be Vollmer's job for the foreseeable future.
And I thought i had a good memory

Re: Again the loss had a lot to do with Matt Light

I wouldnt go that far, but the play calling definitely did get a lot more conservative after he left.

yea right, we may have passed it a whole of 4 times after light went down....we went to run after run after run and form the shotgun to boot

I like the way Vollmer shoved the hell out of that Bronco player a couple of plays after he came in. He was free and had no one to block so he just went and found someone to toss like a rag doll.

I agree, let's get rid of Brady.

Agreed. Brady is a bust. Let's bench him and lose the rest of our games so we can draft Tebow.

Agreed. Brady is a bust. Let's bench him and lose the rest of our games so we can draft Tebow.

Timmy Teblow? I feel bad for whoever is dumb enough to draft him, will be a total NFL bust.

Ok, just because of the injury, this becomes semi-obligatory.....

I wanted Oden.

Now, let's hope that the big man is ready, and let's hope that Light has a swift and complete recovery.

Well, one thing I'll say about Greg Oden. He is certainly taller and has a bigger wingspan than Vollmer.

My $0.02 is, if someone saw one of Bill Belichick's players after they were injured he's not hurt really bad. Because doesn't BB make injured players disappear before the media can get to them?

Buy hey, I'm just hoping he's ok. ;)

If Light is out for a period of time, I have full confidence in Vollmer, at least he can get a full week of reps with the first team this week.

Makes me wonder though, if the injury to Light is bad enough, does this affect Taylor being IR'd? Can't keep too many injured guys on the roster, just a thought...

Timmy Teblow? I feel bad for whoever is dumb enough to draft him, will be a total NFL bust.

Yeah, we can have trade for JaMarcus and make them compete at TC .:p

You got me there. Maybe Todd Reesing then? How about some Jevan Sneed? Any of them would be better than that bust Brady!

We can't f*cking turtle up because we lose our LT. If Belichick has so little confidence in Vollmer he shouldn't be the #3 tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes