PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Again the loss had a lot to do with Matt Light

Please STOP blaming LIGHT or D for the LOSS when TB SUCKs.

When LIGHT was with the team, TB couldn't SCORE more than 2 TDs in a game. All our winning games WAS CLOSE.

Light and D are NOT the 'problem'. TB and his OC ARE THE PROBLEM.

When do people start to hold TB and BB accountable????

Last edited:

Vollmer had nothing to do with this loss. Nothing.

I did not blame Vollemer, but the coaching staff did not call the same plays with Light out... You have to admit that... they coached scared...

I knew all the Light-to-RT supporters were going to be posting in this thread.

I agree, let's get rid of Brady.

Please STOP blaming LIGHT or the D for the LOSS, when TB SUCKs.

When LIGHT was with the team, TB couldn't SCORE more than 2 TDs in a game. All our winning games WERE CLOSE.

Light and the D are NOT the 'problem'. TB and the OC ARE THE PROBLEM.

When will people start to hold TB and BB accountable????

Took the liberty of fixing a couple things for you.

We really can't just write off Brady right now. To do so, is to disregard the history of comebacks from injuries like his. We should show some support, and appreciate that we are still a winning team.

We lost one game, and as disappointing as it was, it is not the season. So why act like it is?

That being said, I wasn't to happy with the play calling on either side of the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
The play calling did definitely get a lot more conservative once Light left the game. Hopefully he isnt out long, he will definitely be missed

And whose fault was that? Sure as hell wasn't Vollmer's. That one's on the guy/s calling the plays.

I have a lot of confidence in Volmer

The coaching staff didn't seem as if they did.

And the strip of Brady suggests they may have had a point.

Absolutely- I hope everyone on the "Light sucks!" wagon was watching what happened after he went out.

I really didn't notice anything. Mankins gave up that sack because Brady moved way too far up in the pocket. Vollmer played fine.

The coaching staff didn't seem as if they did.

And the strip of Brady suggests they may have had a point.

Which as Mr. Bro said...had NOTHING TO DO WITH VOLLMER.

Mankins gave up the interior pressure and Brady got stripped as he was way too close to the action at the line. Rare (well, careerwise, not so much this season) Brady mental miscue.

I'm no fan of Matt Light but I'm sorry he is hurt and will miss some time.

Having said that, I don't think this hurts the offense in the least bit, other than we don't have a backup like Vollmer now.

I expect that Wesley Britt will be signed tomorrow. He has been an OK emergency backup in the past. LeVoir will be available for Game 7, or at the latest after the bye.

I'm no fan of Matt Light but I'm sorry he is hurt and will miss some time.

Having said that, I don't think this hurts the offense in the least bit, other than we don't have a backup like Vollmer now.

Vollmer had nothing to do with this loss. Nothing.

Vollmer didn't have anything to do with the loss, but after they switched the Light off, our offensive coordinator completely turtled up and started calling a competely different game. (Not that it was a bad thing runnig the rock because Brady was not playing well). Still though, it's not a good sign that our offensive coordinator completely lacked trust in Vollmer to call a completely different game.

When they prove to me that they're really what's wrong with this football team, and they're truly worse than the qb's and coaches that are on the other 31 teams in the league.

I'm not going to put the blame on a guy who as I've written has thrown fewer picks than 22 other quarterbacks, and isn't turning the football over. Discussions like these belong on boards like the Panthers where Delhomme is costing them games - not here.

Say what you want, but we lost to a Denver team that played incredibly well today. The Orton you see here is not the Orton who was in Chicago (who incidently wasn't that bad with the Bears - they were simply in love with Grossman's arm instead of his brain). They've got a lot of good players (they're 2nd in the league in Defense and 5th in offense - those two factors right there are why they're 5-0) and they won in a place where this team has never played well.

They lost the coin toss in overtime, and we know statistically what that usually means.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record tonight - but the people who are ready to tar and feather Brady and Belichick are enough to make my eyes bleed.

Last edited:
Matt Light's injury

If Matt Light misses games because of his injury how will that affect the passing game? The long pass with Brady over throwing receivers would be even harder to get going. If Light misses games people will realize how good Light is.

Re: Matt Light's injury

Surprised no one has used this stat yet. After Light went out (first play of 4th quarter), they ran 10 times in the last 15 plays (not counting punts/kneel down). That's 66% running plays. In other words, with the game on the line, the ball was OUT of Brady's hands. Before the injury, they ran a total of 46 plays with only 17 rushes, or 37% running plays.
So for everyone saying Brady sucked, etc....he didn't really get a chance in the fourth quarter.

That's the end of the Matt Light era in NE. For being undersized and not extremely athletic, he did a hell of a job and always battled. Seabass has more natural ability, but it will take time to gain TB's (and BB's) trust. This doesn't bode well when Brady is already obviously hearing footsteps.

Please STOP blaming LIGHT or D for the LOSS when TB SUCKs.

When LIGHT was with the team, TB couldn't SCORE more than 2 TDs in a game. All our winning games WAS CLOSE.

Light and D are NOT the 'problem'. TB and his OC ARE THE PROBLEM.

Get a grip. Brady doesn't suck, even after missing two deep throws today. And nobody is claiming he is mistake free and at his best. Become a professional athlete at the top of your game, blow your knee up, and see if you come back with all your skills before suffering the injury. What year did you jump on the fan train if "Brady sucks" is your expert conclusion? You must never have watched Bledsoe or Grogan, and I don't think they sucked either.

If you are incapable of analyzing what you see, maybe try listening to the game commentators who pointed out that Denver's D has been lights out all year and has given up no more than 10 points in a game all year. Two TDs are more than that defense has surrendered all year. Also, the Bungals, who Denver barely beat, just beat the Raven and beat the Steelers. They are a good team.

You may want to watch a Chiefs or Cowboys game and give yourself some perspective. Otherwise, you sound like a 3-year-old throwing a tantrum when mommy doesn't buy you the new toy. The team is 3-2 and at worst a game back in the division.

Better yet, mark this rant and feel free to revive your rant after game 8 if this team is in the playoff hunt as I would bet the farm it will be. Then feel free to eat some crow.

As for Light, I hope walking off the field was a good sign. I am hoping sprained knee, but I agree the look on his face did not look that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back