PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light - I'm guessing no news is good news

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have read in several articles today it appears that Crowder will be suspended and Light fined but not suspended since Crowder initialized the fight.

And that is the reason according to some sources that Porter was not suspended today so that the team would not have 2 starters out for suspensions for different things

Oh goody....I am sure the mediots will love that....and more and more people will hate the Patriots for their "special treatment".....

Give me a break.....

Was it announced about Crowder?? Usually suspensions are annoumced by Tuesday so teams on both sides can make adjustments...Another thing that could happen..since apparently they were looking at the WHOLE game..I might think a supension for Light could come later...(Seat) not this one..JUST a thought...not predicting it just thinking it is another possibility.

From what I have read in several articles today it appears that Crowder will be suspended and Light fined but not suspended since Crowder initialized the fight.

And that is the reason according to some sources that Porter was not suspended today so that the team would not have 2 starters out for suspensions for different things

Have any links for that? The other fans in the NFL are going to have a field day if that's true.

Acc to PFT NO fines for either have been given...NONE..they also have a video of the fight....

Don't worry, the NFL has it's best man on the job....

Clouseau1.jpg

I hope that he will be able to play this Sunday.

Per Schefter:

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Suspensions for fight won’t come this week

Suspensions for fight won’t come this week
Posted: Adam Schefter

New England and Miami have been waiting to hear whether Patriots left tackle Matt Light and Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder will be suspended for fighting during Sunday’s fourth quarter.

An NFL official confirmed the league would not issue any rulings Tuesday, an ideal day to announce suspensions. If suspensions don’t come Tuesday, they usually wait until the next week — if they come at all.

So no news in this case is good news. Fines still could be handed down this week, but it is unlikely suspensions will.

In my opinion the precedent is set and Matt Light will not be suspended, only fined because he has no prior history of any such behavior.

As Reiss pointed out yesterday as well, there is recent history that suspensions do not come down for fighting. See article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8774842/Sunday-Scoops:-NFL-getting-tough-on-crime

FOX Sports has learned that a total of 20 Bengals and Jaguars players were fined by the league for that one fight for a whopping $90,000. Ten Bengals took fines as did 10 Jaguars — a figure that appears to be the highest number of player fines for a single incident in recent NFL history.

For his actions, Henderson was hit with a pair of fines that totaled $15,000 and was also warned by the league office that future flagrant unsportsmanlike conduct could result in suspension.

So Light will be fined and warned not to act in this manner again in the future or risk being suspended at that point.

Last edited:
For his actions, Henderson was hit with a pair of fines that totaled $15,000 and was also warned by the league office that future flagrant unsportsmanlike conduct could result in suspension.

I wonder how that bodes (if at all) for Porter...

Last edited:
I, for one, will be amazed if Light isn't suspended. I realize that others have thrown punches and just received fines, but that was pretty ugly. The guy's helmet is off and he holds onto his hair and continues to strike the back of his head (although I'm not sure he got him with a clean shot). I hope I'm wrong, but we'll know within a week or so.

If he was going to get suspended, I really wish those blows would have been directed at big mouth Porter.

I, for one, will be amazed if Light isn't suspended. I realize that others have thrown punches and just received fines, but that was pretty ugly. The guy's helmet is off and he holds onto his hair and continues to strike the back of his head (although I'm not sure he got him with a clean shot). I hope I'm wrong, but we'll know within a week or so.

If he was going to get suspended, I really wish those blows would have been directed at big mouth Porter.
If Light is going to get into a fight, why should it be a fair fight. He should and did take every advantage that he could get to insure that the fight went in his favor. If Crowder didn't want his hair held, he could cut his hair to a reasonable length.

If Light is going to get into a fight, why should it be a fair fight. He should and did take every advantage that he could get to insure that the fight went in his favor. If Crowder didn't want his hair held, he could cut his hair to a reasonable length.

Is this response the result of Vodka, Old Age or both? :rolleyes:

Hmmmm. Light should keep his beard well trimmed then.

Is this response the result of Vodka, Old Age or both? :rolleyes:
Old age and a belief in taking every advantage in a fight.

Let's not forget that according to NFL rules a player's hair is an extension of their uniform. It is legal to tackle a player by his hair. Grabbing hair in a fight is no worse than grabbing a chunk of uni.

I wonder if the NFL will take into account the major league trash talking (leading to penalties) that was going on, or if they just assume that happens all the time, players should just deal with it?

:eek:

It was actually kind of funny to see a guy who normally gets no mention whatsoever unless he's caught holding, or if he fails to block his man resulting in the most important player on his team getting flattened, go stark raving mad for a few seconds. :rofl:

Hoping for no suspension.

Everyone here acts like they know for a fact Light grabbed his hair on purpose.

It looked to me like he was pulling Crowder down when his fingers got caught in a kink.

It can happen easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye