PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light...Funny Ken Walter / Colts Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
There's a few more but this one is funny and I remember that game very well...it never made any sense to me. Belichick got credit for having huge stones that half.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/daily/0329light.html

"Before games, we've got guys that like to throw the football around just to warm up. They're not quarterbacks or receivers. They just go out and mess around. Our punter at the time (Ken Walter) was crossing the field when one of these guys lets go of a bomb like the Flutie Hail Mary, and this thing hits our punter square in the head and knocks him out.
"This was right before a big game against the Colts, and he's the only guy we have that can punt. (Adam) Vinatieri can't punt and (Walter's) knocked out cold for three or four minutes. We get him back in the locker room and he has no idea where he is. Thank God we didn't have to punt until right before halftime. We actually went for (first downs) at times we would never go for it. They (the Colts) just thought we were being bold.

I see TBC isn't the only guy to forget his ring! At least he didn't have to go dumpster diving to get it back. :rofl:

• "Bill Belichick is the best coach going. It's a proven fact that he knows how to win games. It's a proven fact he's got a great relationship with his players. It's a proven fact that, despite all the odds being stacked against you, you can still go out and play great football. If that's how you rate a great NFL coach, then he obviously qualifies high on the list."

Mmm... a timely reminder there, Matt. Thanks.

F.B.N. said:
but this one is funny and I remember that game very well...it never made any sense to me. Belichick got credit for having huge stones that half.
Is this is 2003 AFCC game where we went for it on the opening drive on 4th and 2 or 3 aound our own 45 ? Or a different game ?

That article was well worth reading, btw. Thanks.

Mike the Brit said:
• "Bill Belichick is the best coach going. It's a proven fact that he knows how to win games. It's a proven fact he's got a great relationship with his players. It's a proven fact that, despite all the odds being stacked against you, you can still go out and play great football. If that's how you rate a great NFL coach, then he obviously qualifies high on the list."

Mmm... a timely reminder there, Matt. Thanks.
Oh quit it. You know the players don't like him, that's why they're leaving. And the reputation is getting around, that's why they're staying away. And he's cheap too. :D

:bricks:

Nice morning read, thanks.

That was a good read and why this is the most informative site

I assume we all do the same tired exercise, check the Globe, the Herald, Patriots.com, NFL.com, ESPN, CNNSI, Pro Football Talk, Patriots Insider, Ben Maller, but when I really want to know whats happening I got to this site because someone always posts the latest news and in this case news we wouldn't ordinarily get.

Thanks

Thanks for the link, I love Matt Light more and more everytime I hear about him. He's an awesome guy. It must be a blast in that locker room when things are good.

JackBauer said:
C-C-C-C *meow*

I was thinking after reading that.. might that be the infamous "Unnatural Act"?

:D

Brownfan80 said:
I was thinking after reading that.. might that be the infamous "Unnatural Act"?

:D
Sigh, the depravity of a mind in the gutter (keep it up :D ). Actually, I love the intelligence and resourcefulness of that player working to communicate a line call around a speech impediment, that is a player I want on my team when things are rough. :cool:

re

That article was hilarious.

It's great that Matt Light confirms that Belichick has a great relationship with his players. It makes reporters who say the opposite look stupid, and lets readers know that they didn't do any work to find out the truth.

ya

This was great:

• "My rookie year, we played in Cincinnati (a 23-17 loss) and Belichick came up to me before the game and said, 'If a reporter approaches your locker, shut up. Don't say a frickin' word. You're a rookie. You don't know anything anyway.'

mtbykr said:
This was great:
"My rookie year, we played in Cincinnati (a 23-17 loss) and Belichick came up to me before the game and said, 'If a reporter approaches your locker, shut up. Don't say a frickin' word. You're a rookie. You don't know anything anyway.'
My favorite. Goes a long way towards explaining BB's absence at the Media Breakfast.:D

Last edited:
mtbykr said:
This was great

:
Quote:
• "My rookie year, we played in Cincinnati (a 23-17 loss) and Belichick came up to me before the game and said, 'If a reporter approaches your locker, shut up. Don't say a frickin' word. You're a rookie. You don't know anything anyway.'
Classic...just classic. A photo of Lights face would be nice to see...but i bet he felt at ease with Bill after that even though he was a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back