PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair pulling is something us girls do.

Crowder should have been punched in the jewels.

Shame on you, Light.

LOL, thats stuff is done during games all the time. Steve Deossie said one time on weei that if all football players wore cups he would have broke his knuckles a 100 times.

Hair pulling is something us girls do.

Crowder should have been punched in the jewels.

Shame on you, Light.

I would have preferred if Light pulled his hair up and started bashing him in the face.

It certainly looked like Light took it further then Cowarder. Cowarder was the one running away.

Yes he was after he was getting beat down. The Dolphins defense was chippy all game long because they could NOT stop the Pats offense. They got their ***es handed to them and couldn't take it. LB's Ayodele, Anderson and Porter all had unsportsmanlike penalties called on them. Let the NFL go to the tape and they'll find that this was a chippy division game between two rivals. No suspensions should be handed out, only fines since both players were ejected that's enough of a punishment.

Yes he was after he was getting beat down. The Dolphins defense was chippy all game long because they could NOT stop the Pats offense. They got their ***es handed to them and couldn't take it. LB's Ayodele, Anderson and Porter all had unsportsmanlike penalties called on them. Let the NFL go to the tape and they'll find that this was a chippy division game between two rivals. No suspensions should be handed out, only fines since both players were ejected that's enough of a punishment.

That's the sound reasoning I do not expect from Goodell :)

lol like goddell is actually going to use reason or something

Seeing it again in that video I'm not going to say Light pulled his hair. It looked more like his finger got caught in there.

Finally saw the clip of the fight. If Light gets a heavier punishment than Crowder I'll be pretty pissed. They both got up and started swinging about the same time it looks.

Finally saw the clip of the fight. If Light gets a heavier punishment than Crowder I'll be pretty pissed. They both got up and started swinging about the same time it looks.

Except Light won the match. Which is why he'll get screwed over.

You people can make ''Light'' of this transgression all you want but the fact of the matter is that once commissioner goody gum drops/patriot hater sees the tape Light will more than likely be suspended for the remainder of the season.

Very stupid Matt, very stupid.

Not saying i did not enjoy seeing crowder get bashed but this will cost our team big time unfortunately.

Re: Suspension question for the rule experts

I asked this same question in the game thread. It's not 'will he get suspended'--I think it's a pretty cut and dried case, he will be. The question is can he appeal the suspension, let it drag out a bit like they do in baseball, and drop the appeal (and serve the suspension) after next weeks game?

I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no' (i.e. he'll be out next week--and possibly more depending on the severity of the suspension--whether he appeals or not), but I'd like to hear from someone who knows for sure.

Well this little bit seems to indicate he could be available next week

Florio says:
Jones was arrested in the offseason for felony cocaine possession. He resolved the charge by entering a pre-trial diversion program, which exposed him to punishment under the league’s substance-abuse policy.
The league subsequently imposed the three-game suspension, and by rule it cannot be implemented until Jones has exercised his appeal rights.

ProFootballTalk.com - Rumor Mill

Last edited:
I'm shocked you guys think Light will ever play another game in the NFL. He's finished, banned from Football, as well as Belichick for promoting "Ungentlemanly conduct."

We're just lucky he didn't pull this little stunt against Emperor Goodell's beloved Jets, if that had happened we'd have forfeited our franchise, allowing the Jets to get the pick of our personnel, as well as all of our draft picks and Lombardi's.

Our only hope is to get Lt. Colonel Frank Slade to argue on behalf of Light...

LightPacino.png

Last edited:
LOL, in that play, if the fight hadnt started w/ crowder and light it would have w/ hochstein and whoever was blocking him....

in a very late hit, hochstein was thrown to the ground, and got up looking for the guy, but then saw light...

also the two guys who jumped on light should be identified

Matt Light's Hair Club for Men!
He Snatched him BaldHeaded!

Last edited:
LOL, in that play, if the fight hadnt started w/ crowder and light it would have w/ hochstein and whoever was blocking him....

in a very late hit, hochstein was thrown to the ground, and got up looking for the guy, but then saw light...

Seriously, I thought there would at least be one other penalty called on whoever threw him to the ground after the play... how was that not called??

Seriously, I thought there would at least be one other penalty called on whoever threw him to the ground after the play... how was that not called??

ill give the refs the benefit of the doubt, and say they were distracted by light/crowder fiasco...

otherwise it was unexcusable

Not every fighting incident, even this year, has led to suspension. I believe Wilfork threw a punch, for example.

I'd like to know (A). why the hell the fight started in the first place and (B). why would this be a suspension over a hefty fine? Light was just stupid.

I'd like to know (A). why the hell the fight started in the first place and (B). why would this be a suspension over a hefty fine? Light was just stupid.

How was Light stupid when Crowder intentionally went for Light's knee's on the play? Light's already had one major leg issue and he doesn't want another one.

Crowder was playing dirty and Light took exception. I can't fault Matt for that. Not when his livelihood is at stake.

The whistle had not gone so it's not really a late hit it may have seemed late cause thats what i thought at first. Light was just stupid i thought there would be more than 2 flags on that play.

How was Light stupid when Crowder intentionally went for Light's knee's on the play? Light's already had one major leg issue and he doesn't want another one.

Crowder was playing dirty and Light took exception. I can't fault Matt for that. Not when his livelihood is at stake.

Isn't it always the retaliator who gets the raw end of the deal? Light was stupid for grabbing the guy by the hair and wailing on him, regardless of whether Crowder had it coming to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back