PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSYLICIOUS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, if Light is suspended for what he did, can he appeal it so he'll be available for the Pittsburgh game?

Re: Suspension question for the rule experts

Okay, if Light is suspended for what he did, can he appeal it so he'll be available for the Pittsburgh game?

It was his "wildcat" offense. :eek:

He is definately getting suspended.

I just hope it is for only one game, and that he is able to apeal as you suggested and make the Pitt game!

I asked this same question in the game thread. It's not 'will he get suspended'--I think it's a pretty cut and dried case, he will be. The question is can he appeal the suspension, let it drag out a bit like they do in baseball, and drop the appeal (and serve the suspension) after next weeks game?

I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no' (i.e. he'll be out next week--and possibly more depending on the severity of the suspension--whether he appeals or not), but I'd like to hear from someone who knows for sure.

I'm trying to read up on the Deuce Mccallister situation because I remember him delaying his suspension.

'Update: A decision from the NFL regarding McAllister’s appeal for testing positive for a banned substance is not expected until next week at the earliest, the Times-Picayune reports.

Recommendation: The upshot of this information is that it looks like McAllister will be available for the team’s Monday night game against the Packers. However, with Pierre Thomas stealing a significant number of McAllister’s touches and Reggie Bush likely to return from a knee injury, fantasy owners should temper their expectations of McAllister even if he plays.'

Looks like an appeal would take at least a week.

Last edited:

Not every fighting incident, even this year, has led to suspension. I believe Wilfork threw a punch, for example.

Two things: regarding Deuce, that was not an on-field incident, though. I would imagine there are different rules regarding an on-field incident and a positive substance test.

Regarding a possible suspension, I really don't see any way Light doesn't get suspended. What Crowder did might raise a few eyebrows but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary in an NFL game. What Light did happens about 3-4 times a season and they're all dealt with harshly. The NFL hates--with a passion--the 'extracurricular' stuff, and throwing 4-5 punches and pulling a players hair is about as bad as it gets.

Last edited:
Matt Light Fight [merged]

How many games do you figure he'll get?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anybody got a video of this?

0-1

He might get one or two. It looked to me like it started by Crowder trying to dive at his knees.

Does this there i no chance of pick up chowder in FA:confused::confused:

question: did Crowder tap out or did the Ref call it because he wasnt intelligently defending himself?

oh wait - it's the NFL, never mind ;)

Goodell will suspend Light for the rest season. Plus we will forfeit a draft pick for disgracing the league. :rolleyes:

Does this there i no chance of pick up chowder in FA:confused::confused:

I would we shocked if you even got a chance to talk to him. Crowder is a beast at mlb, he hits hard, he's a Parcell guy.

In my mind. Matt Light will get 1 game and a hefty fine. I don't think Crowder will get suspended just a hefty fine. I think Crowder saved himself from a suspension by running away from Light, while light throw 4 or more punches.

I would we shocked if you even got a chance to talk to him. Crowder is a beast at mlb, he hits hard, he's a Parcell guy.

In my mind. Matt Light will get 1 game and a hefty fine. I don't think Crowder will get suspended just a hefty fine. I think Crowder saved himself from a suspension by running away from Light, while light throw 4 or more punches.

He also saved himself a serious ***** beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes