PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light Affected By Real Estate Co. Meltdown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if you are Bill Gates, someone takes you for $100,000 +, you get pissed about it.

Isn't the Light Foundation a charitable organization? What's it doing loaning money to a real estate investment firm?

dunno............................

Even the whizziest financial whizzes lose money on some deals.

Recently, I saw a television segment about how the NFL is helping players and former players learn the ins and outs of business. One former lineman was attempting to start a business that would assist high school football players in distributing videos of their play to prospective colleges. He had yet to break even. The strong majority of start-ups fail. I don't see most NFL players as having the smarts to do well in this area. If you're a really popular player, like John Elway, you can put up the money for a car dealership in Denver, name it John Elway Motors, and then hire someone who know cars to run it for you. Otherwise, it's better to put your money into reputable mutual stock funds.

Recently, I saw a television segment about how the NFL is helping players and former players learn the ins and outs of business. One former lineman was attempting to start a business that would assist high school football players in distributing videos of their play to prospective colleges. He had yet to break even. The strong majority of start-ups fail. I don't see most NFL players as having the smarts to do well in this area. If you're a really popular player, like John Elway, you can put up the money for a car dealership in Denver, name it John Elway Motors, and then hire someone who know cars to run it for you. Otherwise, it's better to put your money into reputable mutual stock funds.

That's a good program. I agree, conservative is best for novices.

The NFL should help former players with their medical issues, too.

Light joins the long list of professional athletes who have demonstrated that they are not financial whizs. Fortunately for him, as other posters have pointed out, the money (for him) is small potatoes. I think someone should start a fund that looks at where professional athletes put their money and then shorts those stocks. Call it the Contrarian Jock Fund.

I think there are dumber investments than Real Estate...in Cali on top of that.
I think it was a smart investment...it's not like he through that down on the NYSE or a blackjack table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back