PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Estrella...Does He Still work For The Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Matt Estrella ... Does He Still work For The Patriots?

This isn't some four post newbie... FBN is a long-time and credible member. I'm sure everyone will at least listen to his information with open ears.

Maybe the effect was acidental, but it is Bush League. Either say it or don't.

As for needing to do research: "Matt Estrella ... Does He Still work For The Patriots?" is enough. Does he need the two posts telling us he has some crap but needs to do some research.

I don't care if he is Jesus, Moses, Mohammed, and Buddha rolled into one. That was stupid and discredits him as another idiot with an agenda.

Like I said, maybe it was innocent and accidental. Maybe his big news is how the Patriots stiffed him at his retirement party, but somehow I doubt that.

dam, the people whinning on this thread really, really, really need to chill out a bit

its called patience, dang

also for everyone attacking FBN, really need to stop it....if u guys are waiting for exciting news, go to aol.com or something, but if FBN wishes to tell us, he will, otherwise he wont, and u can cry about it all day long

also, i highly doubt this is all made up, someone whos been here so long doesnt come up with this just so.....unless hes making a little joke, at which case i will be laughing at the end at all of u who are whinning right now

The thing that still makes me raise a red flag even if he has a source in the Patriots' organization, if he has some juicy scoop from inside related to Estrella and/or Walsh, how does the source not know if Estrella is still working for the Patriots?
It's definitely a valid point by you, but I think the Pats are very much a "need to know basis" type organization. Remember how some reporter asked Brady last year about being in the injury report (for the gazillionth week in a row for the shoulder) and he says all surprised, "Oh I'm on it?" Depending on the size of the staff and the level of access they have to information, I think it is feasible that a source may not know if Estrella is still employed by the Pats.

It's definitely a valid point by you, but I think the Pats are very much a "need to know basis" type organization. Remember how some reporter asked Brady last year about being in the injury report (for the gazillionth week in a row for the shoulder) and he says all surprised, "Oh I'm on it?" Depending on the size of the staff and the level of access they have to information, I think it is feasible that a source may not know if Estrella is still employed by the Pats.

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board...

This is crazy. It turns out my cousin knows Estrella. He told me that Matt

Last edited:

This is crazy. It turns out my cousin knows Estrella. He told me that Matt

Not cool. :mad:

C'mon, you are going to tell me that even the internal telephone directory is on a need to know basis? My guess is Matt Estrella's employment is not a secret within the Patriots organization.

Besides, Brady not knowing that he is on the injury report has nothing to do with the way the Pats keep information. It is something that Brady isn't concerned with.

As for the source not knowing if Estrella is working with the organization, that fact apparently is important to the credibility of whatever the information actually is. Wouldn't this source want to know the answer if it is as vital to the story as it appears? A simple telephone call to the receptionist could probably get that answer for him.

dam, the people whinning on this thread really, really, really need to chill out a bit

its called patience, dang

also for everyone attacking FBN, really need to stop it....if u guys are waiting for exciting news, go to aol.com or something, but if FBN wishes to tell us, he will, otherwise he wont, and u can cry about it all day long

also, i highly doubt this is all made up, someone whos been here so long doesnt come up with this just so.....unless hes making a little joke, at which case i will be laughing at the end at all of u who are whinning right now

Then why keep this post open to allow for personal attacks, their is not a shred of usefull information in it so it should be locked up until if and when FBN chooses to enlighten the rest of us with this inside news.

How ironic, once again one of our own, a Patriot fan, does more damage to the team & coach's reputation than all the other teams' trolls here. A simple posted query for info on Estrella would have sufficed. But NOOOoooo!

By implying that there is a not favorable videotaping angle to be revealed (and I'm beting no such substantive revalation is forthcoming) gives further life and impetus to the totally unsubstantiated vicious rumors about the team's and coach's legacy. With friends like this, who needs enemies (to coin a phrase)?

Last edited:

As for the source not knowing if Estrella is working with the organization, that fact apparently is important to the credibility of whatever the information actually is. Wouldn't this source want to know the answer if it is as vital to the story as it appears? A simple telephone call to the receptionist could probably get that answer for him.
Yes that is a reasonable assumption under normal circumstances. I guess the fact that the last company I worked for was so secretive about everything is influencing the way I responded. For example, we weren't allowed to tell anyone who called us whether someone was even employed with us unless we verified the name of the person calling, the company, and the reason for inquiry. And we kept a log of such inquiries. Our company directories weren't updated frequently enough to be a true resource either. We could be answering a call for someone, look it up and give a # without even knowing if the person was still actually employed or not. Same went for calling someone. And if someone was on admin leave for example, we weren't allowed to disclose that either. So I could see where it may be hard to find out the true employment status of someone. Doesn't mean it applies to the Pats of course, but it can happen. Since it seems that the Pats don't like to give out information even internally sometimes, I just made a leap to my own situation.

How ironic, once again one of our own, a Patriot fan, does more damage to the team & coach's reputation than all the other teams' trolls here. A simple posted query for info on Estrella would have sufficed. But NOOOoooo!

By implying that there is a not favorable videotaping angle to be revealed (and I'm beting no such substantive revalation is forthcoming) gives further life and impetus to the totally unsubstantiated vicious rumors about the team's and coach's legacy. With friends like this, who needs enemies (to coin a phrase)?

To be fair to the OP, he didn't say it was devastating news for the Pats, simply that it wasn't "the greatest." In other words, I don't think it necessarily hurts the Pats, but it doesn't clear them, either. That said, I still think that when it comes to phrasing, he chose . . . poorly.

To be fair to the OP, he didn't say it was devastating news for the Pats, simply that it wasn't "the greatest." In other words, I don't think it necessarily hurts the Pats, but it doesn't clear them, either. That said, I still think that when it comes to phrasing, he chose . . . poorly.

Lets just agree that everyone is down with OP..P, and end this god awful speculation until the guy actually tells us something. Love the last crusade quote at the end there by the way.

Yes that is a reasonable assumption under normal circumstances. I guess the fact that the last company I worked for was so secretive about everything is influencing the way I responded. For example, we weren't allowed to tell anyone who called us whether someone was even employed with us unless we verified the name of the person calling, the company, and the reason for inquiry. And we kept a log of such inquiries. Our company directories weren't updated frequently enough to be a true resource either. We could be answering a call for someone, look it up and give a # without even knowing if the person was still actually employed or not. Same went for calling someone. And if someone was on admin leave for example, we weren't allowed to disclose that either. So I could see where it may be hard to find out the true employment status of someone. Doesn't mean it applies to the Pats of course, but it can happen. Since it seems that the Pats don't like to give out information even internally sometimes, I just made a leap to my own situation.

What type of company did you work for? A defense contractor? A lab that was working on drugs/technology that the potential patents could be worth millions or billions? That kind of secrecy is common in those types of industries, but for the New England Patriots?

There are plenty of things that the Patriots are secret about, but is whether Estrella is still employed with the Patriots one of them? I seriously doubt it. How many people actually work for the Patriots minus the players? 100? 200? We aren't talking a large company here. It would be hard to hide whether someone is employed with the Patriots from internal Patriots employees.

Belichick may not have the time to interact with the video staff to know their faces, but I am sure that they are not locked in some dungeon somewhere with their own entrance to Gillette Stadium through a long series of tunnels under the property.

What type of company did you work for? A defense contractor? A lab that was working on drugs/technology that the potential patents could be worth millions or billions? That kind of secrecy is common in those types of industries, but for the New England Patriots?

There are plenty of things that the Patriots are secret about, but is whether Estrella is still employed with the Patriots one of them? I seriously doubt it. How many people actually work for the Patriots minus the players? 100? 200? We aren't talking a large company here. It would be hard to hide whether someone is employed with the Patriots from internal Patriots employees.

Belichick may not have the time to interact with the video staff to know their faces, but I am sure that they are not locked in some dungeon somewhere with their own entrance to Gillette Stadium through a long series of tunnels under the property.

i have neither the time, interest nor inclination to do so, but there is so much interest in this subject out here, why doesn't someone just pick up the phone, call the Patriots office and ask for "Mr. Estrella." One way or the other, afterwards you'll know more than you do now.

i have neither the time, interest nor inclination to do so, but there is so much interest in this subject out here, why doesn't someone just pick up the phone, call the Patriots office and ask for "Mr. Estrella." One way or the other, afterwards you'll know more than you do now.

Brilliant.

Maybe if FBN did that in the first place, this thread would never exist.

Posting a thread like this is just plain mean.
Leave him alone. He's an ESPN intern and he's doing things exactly like Mark Shlereth and Mike Greenberg would do.

also for everyone attacking FBN, really need to stop it....
No. FBN needs to come forward and say what he has.

Face it, he's just another Mike & Mike stirring the pot with inuendo.

You cannot believe his post was serious?

If he had wanted to know if Estrella still worked for the Pats, he would have posted, "Hey, does anyone know it Estrella works for the Pats?"

Instead he had this big thing with how it might blow everything wide open, yadda yadda yadda.

Gimme a break.

I am surprised that this useless thread has not been locked yet. There is nothing here people, move along.

It was a dumb post by a veteran poster. If there is anything to this, he will post it in another thread I'm sure.

So, can we lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey