PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel tries to talk some sense into y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Matt and Randy are at least saying the right things. Matt's PC from today was gold, imo. Say what you want about his play, if he ends up starting somewhere next year, the media is going to love to hate him.

Cassel Q&A - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Excerpt:

Is there a temptation to just throw the ball up whenever throwing wide receiver Randy Moss the ball because he has the capability to make plays on his own?

Cassel: No, not as a young quarterback. You have to go through your reads and you have to make smart decisions because if you start forcing it in to double coverage you will get into bad habits and that is when bad plays happen. As much as you would like to get the ball to him [Randy Moss] as much as possible, you still have to be smart with the football especially as a guy in there trying to make the right decisions with the ball.

Do you feel you haven’t been able to build chemistry with Benjamin Watson with him being limited by injury?

Cassel: I wouldn’t say you lose chemistry with anybody - you build chemistry. For me, I drop back and if somebody is open I am going to throw him the ball. That is really what it is. You can work on routes all day in practice but in the game what it comes down to is if somebody is open or not. You kind of go through your progressions and go through it that way.

How do you feel your confidence is building so far?

Cassel: I believe in myself. I have never really had a lack of confidence. It is just getting out there and performing with those guys. I am a strong believer in ‘I wouldn’t be in this position if the coaches and everybody else didn’t have confidence in me as well.’ That gives me a big boost.

And for the win, folks...

How much team bonding do you think will take place on this trip to the West Coast?

Cassel: Team bonding? I don’t know if we are going to get in a circle and sing ‘Kumbaya’ or anything like that. We are going out there and we are going to play football. That is what we are here to do and hopefully we will build a lot of chemistry on the way.

Last edited:
Re: Did I get banned?

Huge server problem

When posting a potential thread all day I get an error message

Ian where are you?

I found sometimes a post won't go. Open a new window and start with something ******ed and then edit to say what you were after.

Hope it gets fixed before Sunday when we're all jacked after hammering The Rice-A-Roni's.

lol at the kumbaya remark..

Re: Did I get banned?

Huge server problem

When posting a potential thread all day I get an error message

Ian where are you?
If this could be applied selectively to the maroons on my ignore list, it would be an enhancement, not a problem :D

This was from Bill Friday PC and it cracks me up only because the mediots keep trying to get him to say something that would back up their manhate for Cassel and boylove for O'Connell but Bill acts like he's having none of it...

"What does it take for the offensive line to get comfortable with Matt Cassel?

Belichick: Well, they have had a lot of snaps with him this year. They have had more snaps with him than anybody else. I don’t think it’s about being comfortable. I think we just need to go out there and play well. That’s for everybody - line, receivers, backs, tight ends, offense, defense and special teams. We just need to go out there and play good football again. I think everybody is comfortable with everybody. We’ve been at here, we’ve had over 50 practices, 7 games and Matt’s been in there for most of those snaps.

Is anything different the way Matt Cassel moves in the pocket?

Belichick: I think every quarterback has his own unique style but basically it’s pretty close."

The only senses which Cassels has made are 17,19, and 13. They don't make any senses at all when we played against 3 bad teams and have 2 BEST WRs and good running games.

You can spend all day and spin as much as you want BUT people want to see the result in the end because it counts.

The only senses which Cassels has made are 17,19, and 13. They don't make any senses at all when we played against 3 bad teams and have 2 BEST WRs and good running games.

You can spend all day and spin as much as you want BUT people want to see the result in the end because it counts.

The result is 2 wins and 1 loss. All of the things you are talking about are not the results.

The results of those 3 games have no impact on the results of the next 13.

NEPatriot is obviously a fantasy fanboy interested in player stats and not in the only stat that means anything - Ws.

I really want Cassel and Moss to sing "Kumbaya" after their first TD vs. 49ers... :biggrin2:

I really want Cassel and Moss to sing "Kumbaya" after their first TD vs. 49ers... :biggrin2:

Prolly get fined for excessive celebration, lol.

i just hope that he stands in the pocket, makes a read, or two, or three, then makes a decision, instead of sitting there waiting to get sacked like david carr

The result is 2 wins and 1 loss. All of the things you are talking about are not the results.

The results of those 3 games have no impact on the results of the next 13.

If the record of 2 wins and 1 loss is not alarming, i don't know what is. If we still see this record in the next 13 games, it really has a huge impact on our division standing and playoff games.

By the way, do you have to wait to the end of 16 games and a loss in a playoff game before you REALIZE that it has a big impact?

are you seriously impressed with Cassel's under-performance in the last 3 games?

Last edited:
If the record of 2 wins and 1 loss is not alarming, i don't know what is.
Well, a record of 0 wins and 3 losses (which a very vocal minority would seem to prefer in their effort to convince Coach Belichick he knows nothing about QB play).
If we still see this record in the next 13 games, it really has a huge impact on our division standing and playoff games.
Wait a bit. Let's see if I can handle your arithmetic challenge: (2 wins, 1 loss) + (2 wins, 1 loss) + (2 wins, 1 loss) + (2 wins, 1 loss) + (2 wins, 1 loss) = (10 wins, 5 losses) + (2/3 win, 1/3 loss in the final game, rounded to the nearest whole number = 1 win) for a final result of an 11-5 season. OMGWTFBBQ! What a truly depressing prospect.
sad-smiley-345.gif
By the way, do you have to wait to the end of 16 games and a loss in a playoff game before you REALIZE that it has a big impact?
Pluh-ease, I'm still in mourning over 11-5, I can only handle so much harsh reality at one time.
angry-smiley-7996.gif
are you seriously impressed with Cassel's under-performance in the last 3 games?
Now that you've forced me to look 11-5 square in the face, no. Under-performance like that is not to be tolerated. :enranged: Cassel's a witch! BURN HIM!
angry-smiley-8318.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back