PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep in mind

when Cassel first started the year he was not all that great.

he would make 1 read and then duck his head and await the sack

over the course of the season he progressed a tremendous amount, what seemed every week. he got so good that at the end of the season he played at an All Pro Level.

maybe the entire body of work wasnt All Pro, but the improvement he made each week was incredible.

in sum, i think its safe to say he does not suck

Did the Mod even look to see what they were moving? The mod must have had a post in here they didn't want seen...

probably saw the title of the thread. i think sometimes the mods move threads they shouldnt, but who doesnt make mistakes

probably saw the title of the thread. i think sometimes the mods move threads they shouldnt, but who doesnt make mistakes

You mean besides Deus Irae? ;)

haha. yah besides him

Let me give you an unbiased opinion

Cassels does not suck, no way!

You won 11 games with Cassels, sorry, doesn't qualify for Sucks

I'm usually not a big fan of reviving comatose threads, but this was worth resuscitating. As I recall there were at least two or three dozen similar threads at the time this one was started. Something worth reminding the doom and gloomers the moment one little thing does not go the Pats way this year.

There are some real gems in this thread.

Oh man, this thread makes me "lol" at how dumb I was last year, but at least I wasn't the only one. I remember calling for a Cassel trade during the preseason and was ready to write the Pats off after Brady got injured. Good thing I don't run the franchise. :D

I think we need to reserve judgement on sucking until this season is played out ... either Cassel is a very good QB or he really does suck and Belichick is a :idea2::idea2::idea2:

Nope, one of our four 2nd round picks is banged up already in camp. The injury bug is rampant. We're doomed. We'll lose seven of the first six games. TB won't come back in normal form. His leg has frozen up. Our defense is old and slow. Little by little Seau and Harrison are being replaced by calcium. The rules plainly state "no Golems" (unless enclosed on all four sides and roofed.)

Belichick can't win without [pick one: Weiss/Crennel/Mangina/Pioli/McDaniels], and that was the one guy on the coaching staff guys could relate to. Brady's a system quarterback. Moss is nothing without Brady. Welker's nothing without Moss. The running game's ineptitute is masked by the passing game. The defense's ineptitude is masked by the offense. This team hates its coach. This team has been in the bottom two-thirds of the league once already this decade, twice if you use the playoffs as the measurement (last year.) The team's finished in the bottom 31 teams six out of nine years (2/3!), and in the bottom 30 teams in five of those years. Honestly I don't know how it can be much worse.

Generally speaking I try to maintain a certain elevated tone, but can I just say preemptively to the next bunch of chicken littles, suck my furry white spheroids?

PFnV

Last edited:
Nope, one of our four 2nd round picks is banged up already in camp. The injury bug is rampant. We're doomed. We'll lose seven of the first six games. TB won't come back in normal form. His leg has frozen up. Our defense is old and slow. Little by little Seau and Harrison are being replaced by calcium. The rules plainly state "no Golems" (unless enclosed on all four sides and roofed.)

Belichick can't win without [pick one: Weiss/Crennel/Mangina/Pioli/McDaniels], and that was the one guy on the coaching staff guys could relate to. Brady's a system quarterback. Moss is nothing without Brady. Welker's nothing without Moss. The running game's ineptitute is masked by the passing game. The defense's ineptitude is masked by the offense. This team hates its coach. This team has been in the bottom two-thirds of the league once already this decade, twice if you use the playoffs as the measurement (last year.) The team's finished in the bottom 31 teams six out of nine years (2/3!), and in the bottom 30 teams in five of those years. Honestly I don't know how it can be much worse.

Generally speaking I try to maintain a certain elevated tone, but can I just say preemptively to the next bunch of chicken littles, suck my furry white spheroids?

PFnV

You crack me up...glad I wasn't here for all that last September :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill