PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel prays science experiment ends world before Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Matt Cassel prays science experiment ends world before Sunday

FOXBORO, MA—Newly-minted Patriots starting QB Matt Cassel has begun to pray that the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) experiment in Geneva, Switzerland induces a cataclysmic reaction and ending all life on the solar system, preferably before Sunday’s game against the Jets, despite repeated assurances from the project’s leaders that there was virtually no chance of such a catastrophe happening.

“I know it’s a stretch, but right now I’ll take anything,” a visibly nervous and pale Cassel told SSNN. “Something, anything, to get me out of Sunday’s game without losing face. I think most of the fans in Boston will accept that the end of the world is an unfortunate occurrence I have no control over.”

more

thats just ******ed

That's clever. I especially like this part:

...but the Patriots organization has quashed such rumors, saying Belichick only possessed resources to destroy “half the world at best.”

I'll have to keep an eye on that site. I used to read The Brushback every week but they rarely put up new stuff anymore.

A sports version of "The Onion".....it doesn't work.....

Someone spent a lot of time and effort on a very lame attempt at humor. Time to grow up and get a life ... and a job.

I liked it, especially the part about Randy Moss, "amateur physicist." :)

“I know it’s a stretch, but right now I’ll take anything,” a visibly nervous and pale Cassel told SSNN. “Something, anything, to get me out of Sunday’s game without losing face. I think most of the fans in Boston will accept that the end of the world is an unfortunate occurrence I have no control over.”

From the tone of things Sunday nite and Monday, it seemed a lot of Boston sports fans already thought the world had ended...

That's some funny stuff.

Unfortunately for Matt, they swtiched it on a couple of days ago without incident. They won't be banging particles together in it for 10 months or so, so the black holes are probably not going to show up until after XLIII.

... that was one smart arse funny article ... loved it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey