PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel played his heart out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
he did play great...

he ran at the right times, made some great throws....

but when he sneaked for that second 1st down, BB jsut didnt believe in the O-line

he should apologize to them

game coulve been won. very easily. couple plays really did the pats in. the gaffney gaffe, the thomas bonehead mistake, BB no confidence in cassel/OL on the 4th and 1(cost them what wouldve been a very useful timeout and probably 7) to name a few. a maddening game to say the least.

What's interesting in all of this, Matt Cassel hasn't been the main fault in any of Pats losses. The defense didn't show up in 2 of the 3 losses. Givin up 30 and 38 doesn't translate into automatic wins even if Brady is in the game.

Prior to tonight, the OL and offensive play calling has been hideous. I'm not sure how Cassel survived all those sacks. I think with Brady in there the Pats would have no chance at being 8-0, a slim shot at 7-1, with 6-2 being their likely record.

The OL looked like in 2007 form tonight, it was very refreshing to see. Matt Cassel is improving and stepping up more in the pocket and positioning himself for a hefty payday. Dare I say it, hopefully the Pats won't sleep on this situation in the offseason.

What's interesting in all of this, Matt Cassel hasn't been the main fault in any of Pats losses. The defense didn't show up in 2 of the 3 losses. Givin up 30 and 38 doesn't translate into automatic wins even if Brady is in the game.

Not by a long shot, no.

I don't know at how you can look at the throw to Gaffney, for example, and say it was anything other than an outstanding throw on Cassel's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes